Ugly cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
I mean,has anybocy had a baby calf that you looked at and said"Man! That's ugly!" :shock:
Not deformed,just so ugly that neither me or Alice could say much nice about it.. You gotta post photos for us to make judgement.. ;-)

Peg, it wasn't ugly as a baby, but I raised a steer that had to have been one of the ugliest animals on the face of this earth

It was coon footed and looked continually bloated on one side. And it's head looked like one of those heads you see on a gargoyle. We used to joke about running it thru the auction with the name of someone that we do not like, and who's name I will not mention, written on the side of it.

We finally sold it to the processing plant for next to nothing. It was that or run it thru the auction with everyone KNOWING where it came from...and it was that or have the animal begin to break down and begin to suffer because of the horrible weight shift that the coon foot caused. GAWD, that was an ugly animal.

At the time, I didn't have a digital camera, or I would post it...NOT!

Alice

Alice":3mgx1968 said:
Peg, it wasn't ugly as a baby, but I raised a steer that had to have been one of the ugliest animals on the face of this earth

It was coon footed and looked continually bloated on one side. And it's head looked like one of those heads you see on a gargoyle. We used to joke about running it thru the auction with the name of someone that we do not like, and who's name I will not mention, written on the side of it.

We finally sold it to the processing plant for next to nothing. It was that or run it thru the auction with everyone KNOWING where it came from...and it was that or have the animal begin to break down and begin to suffer because of the horrible weight shift that the coon foot caused. GAWD, that was an ugly animal.

At the time, I didn't have a digital camera, or I would post it...NOT!

Alice

I just wonder who's name it was. I bet I could never guess. ;-)

Alice - The way I heard about that animal was that you shipped it to a couple of guys down in Tennessee and they're still using it as a herd bull and been selling a little semen also!! That's what I heard at the truck stop down there.

Course, I know how these things can get all stretched out of shape.

BB

Bullbuyer":39zs3n8q said:
Alice - The way I heard about that animal was that you shipped it to a couple of guys down in Tennessee and they're still using it as a herd bull and been selling a little semen also!! That's what I heard at the truck stop down there.

BB

Well, I tole those folks in Tennessee that it was a steer, but they said, ah, we can make 'im do...

An, I tole those ol' boys that he was butt ugly and his head looked like the debil its self, and they tole me, ah, we can make 'im do...

An, I tol those ol' boys that his coon foot was prolly in his genes and they tol me, ah, thasok, we'll take it out fore we try to collect 'im... :shock:

So, I said, "Sold!" 8)

Alice

Alice":134g0qyo said:
Bullbuyer":134g0qyo said:

BB

Well, I tole those folks in Tennessee that it was a steer, but they said, ah, we can make 'im do...

An, I tole those ol' boys that he was butt ugly and his head looked like the debil its self, and they tole me, ah, we can make 'im do...

An, I tol those ol' boys that his coon foot was prolly in his genes and they tol me, ah, thasok, we'll take it out fore we try to collect 'im... :shock:

So, I said, "Sold!" 8)

Alice

This bull is where us Tennessee folk get our Indian Head cows from. We call em' Indian Heads cause their heads are so long they can eat grain out of the bottom of a 55 gallon drum and still watch out for indians.

HOSS":17zr0ulu said:
Alice":17zr0ulu said:
Bullbuyer":17zr0ulu said:

BB

So, I said, "Sold!" 8)

Alice

This bull is where us Tennessee folk get our Indian Head cows from. We call em' Indian Heads cause their heads are so long they can eat grain out of the bottom of a 55 gallon drum and still watch out for indians.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's funny!!

OK,so ALL babies are cute.. :lol: and then they grow up :shock:

All farm babies may be 'cute' but not all human babies. Friend of mine's first child - born a few years ago was ugly as mud. I swear this to be true the kid was an ugly baby and is now an even uglier teenager.

All young calves are pretty, but most go through an ugly patch at around 4 months old, especially if something has gone wrong in the meantime.

I had a first calver have a bull calf and the calf was fine, then he got stepped on and had a dislocated hip, that healed, but he kept a akward angle of his right hind leg as a reminder. Kinda swings it out when he walks. Then his dam got redwater and although I pulled her through, she had almost no milk for at least a month. Then that same bull calf had an allergic reaction to deadline (for ticks) and lost the hair on his back where the pour-on was applied. He was the ugliest thing I ever saw, now you wouldn't even know he had all those problems.

there was a time that he could easily have replaced Demetrius as Beefy's herdsire prospect :lol:

what's the old saying 'Beauty is in the eye's of the beholder'
and.... nearly every childs Mum thinks her baby is the best looking baby ever to be born. but must admit I have seen some pretty ugly babies, and some grow up to be real good looking kids.......'Ugly in the craddle, lovely at the table' to many cliches here

One young cow had a 60 pounder last week...so skrawny that it looked like a big black cat with long nose and big ears...active little gal though. Been filling out well, thaknfully mama is a good milker and she is gaining pertty well. For a minute there I considered taking both of them for a ride to hear the auctioner's song but it looks like I'll see how she weans. DMc

We had the UGLIEST calf born last year . . . had a really long, narrow face, poppy eyes, great big drooping ears, great long legs and scrawny as anything. We called it Popeye the Reindeer. Someone else called it dinner. Pity I never did get a photo.

try this one on for size.

Picture_457.jpg