TYM 1054 Tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

My neighbor has a TYM. Not sure of the size. Looks to be 70 hp, 4wd with a cab. Something serious broke in the tranny, been parked for a year. Had around 2,000 hours on it.

A lot of those TYM were basically Mahindras some different engine. A local dealer carries Mahindras and I talk to the their mechanics about them. They sell other tractors there and the mechanics take on them was buy something else. They said when Mahindras come in for problems they are usually deep. I would keep looking.

I feel like for the life of a tractor. One might be best off stick with. Deere, kubota, or cnh. Owning it getting parts,fixing it, and selling it.

Over the years I have had most all colors (domestic and foreign) but beige, "dark" green, and orange (domestic and foreign). Parts were never a problem. Currently I have 3 Fords and 2 Bransons. Last purchase was a Branson 2400 for utility work around the place. Sitting beside it when purchased was a TYM of the same hp rating, my only association with the badge. I kicked the tires on both and stayed with my original reason for going to the dealer...purchasing another Branson. News has it that TYM recently purchased Kukje in S. Korea, mfgr. of Branson....Branson has the Cummins engine license.......

A great price may be telling you something, then again maybe not. I just added an '88 Ford 3910 with 900 verifiable hours for a great price (considering like new condition) but it was an estate sale and the manager wanted to get rid of the farm stuff and concentrate on emptying the house. Having 2 other Fords I knew what I was getting and didn't have to worry about why the tractor was for sale.

Latest posts