Two Catholic Priests

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Two catholic priests had been friends for many many years. One day, Father David noticed Farther McBride seemed depressed. Father David asked, "what seems to be the problem, you don't seem like yourself". Father McBride shrugged it off and said nothing. Days later, Father David pressed Father McBride as to why he was still depressed. Father McBride explained to him he was having a crisis of faith and didn't think he would understand. Coaxed with assurances Father McBride explained to him that he knew he was getting old and though he knew heaven would be much better than #ell he wasn't sure whether God would allow hunting or dogs in heaven. And since he loved quail hunting and his dog Roy so much he was afraid he would get homesick.

Father David laughed at McBride and said this is all normal. Don't worry - this doesn't mean you are not of good faith. He explained that he too had anxieties about heaven. He explained that he loved to eat lavish meals and he was concerned whether or not one would need food in heaven.

So the two made a pact. Each agreed that if there was any way of contacting the other after death they would so as to let the last living priest know what to expect.

As fate would have it, Father David was struck down by a massive heart attack just a few weeks after the pact.

Weeks later, McBride was sitting in his office working on his sermon when the phone rang. He answered it and found it was Father David. McBride asked him how things were going. He said excellent couldn't be any better. He explained that when he woke up in the morning there was a banquet laid out as far as the eye could see and he could eat all he wanted. When finished he would take a nap and wake up for brunch. This went on all day and night each and every day. This he apologetically said is the reason it has taken him so long to contact him. Puzzled McBride asked him, is this all you do in heaven - I mean do you not get bored?

Father David said, "heavens no, when I'm not eating or sleeping I spend my time with the women"! They are beautiful and just lined up waiting for me. I just pick the one out I want and we go off for a little quality time and then I go back to the banquet and eat some more. This is wonderful!

Puzzled, Father McBride aked - "What about your vow of celebacy - I mean how can you keep you vow as a catholic priest if you carry on in this manner?

Father David said, "Catholic Priest my foot, I got reincarnated as a herd bull"!

The way I heard it was, the priests were both fanatics about baseball, and wondered if the game was allowed in Heaven.

After the first one passed on, days later his voice came to the second, and said" good news, there is baseball in Heaven."

"Bad news is, you're pitching a week from Thursday." ;-)

warpaint":360i1kwy said:
The way I heard it was, the priests were both fanatics about baseball, and wondered if the game was allowed in Heaven.

After the first one passed on, days later his voice came to the second, and said" good news, there is baseball in Heaven."

"Bad news is, you're pitching a week from Thursday." ;-)

sorry this is a better ending :oops: ;-)

Latest posts