Twins

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
We had our second set of twins this morning. Normally I like having twins, but out of a heifer, not so much. This turned out quite well though, she had them by herself, cleaned right away, and she's in pretty decent shape for having twins. They are a little small, 66 and 50 lbs, but they are alive, healthy and she did it all by herself, can't ask for much more than that. We will adopt one of them out either to a cow that loses a calf, or to the holstein when she calves.

419245_3154340491039_1040992558_2950978_2055149326_n.jpg

Yeah, she looks real good but she's got a bewildered look about her though. I'm not that fond of twins either, but it's better to have 2 x 60 lb twins than a single 120 lb'er. That was our deal on a heifer last year, and I'll just say it took lots of pulling, and a few needles after. She bred back though.

thats a nice looking set of twins.an its great when they have them on their own.

Thanks, guys. She got kicked out with one of them. We have the other on the bottle for now. Til we need it or decide to sell it anyways. Had another set the other night. Out of a Holstein/Angus cow. She can keep them both, should be able to raise them!

randiliana":1tocobl5 said:
Thanks, guys. She got kicked out with one of them. We have the other on the bottle for now. Til we need it or decide to sell it anyways. Had another set the other night. Out of a Holstein/Angus cow. She can keep them both, should be able to raise them!

Calves like that are selling fo $400 here this spring!

They are that here this year too. Sold a heifer calf last spring for $350. If someone we know gets one, or we get one from someone we know, we usually do a 50% share deal.

Wow, that's an impressive price for a calf... I have one cow who I'm tempted to ship, maybe when she calves I'll just load her and her calf on the truck and be gone with them

Latest posts