twins

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy in Texas

Reaction score
You know I was thinking how exciting it was for some of you to have twins. I had a set borned last monday during heavy rain. I decided on my own it's not that exciting. It's a pain.... The cow would not accept the heifer,so hubby brought her home and I kept her in the bathtub for a night. I had to tube her colostrum . But she would not suck a bottle. We put her in a pen with one cow that had a calf the week before. She didn't want no part of her. So my 15 yr.cow also had a calf the week before. I decided to give it a try and She took it. Which that made my life so much easier. Both are doing fine.
The cow that had twins.
mar-1.jpg

the heifer she wouldn't take
mar.jpg

The 15 yr.old
4-4-07104.jpg

They are cute--and you are lucky to have that good 15yr cow:) Donna

boy, those old mom's pay off! I have a couple of 12 +- yr old cows that are like that - they'll take anything! It comes in handy almost every year - twins, or a heifer won't take her own calf or some such thing. Good for you! Pretty babies!

ive only had a handful of twins ever. only had one beefmaster cow to have twins and she actually had one simmental calf and one angus calf, lol.
had a real good brangus lose a set of heifers just a few weeks early a few years back. twins are thankfully not a very common occurence for me. knock on wood.

come on you gotta love twins.even if they are a pain.weve prolly had 10 sets of twins maybe more in 35yrs.had 8 sets of twins from dairy cows.had a holstein to have twin bulls 2yrs in a row.had 3 or 4 beef cows to have twins.

I like the twins. Got a video of mine being born. she'd go from one to the other and mooo, she took them both. Both girls.
No free martins

Latest posts