Twins all grown up

Help Support CattleToday:

S&S Farms

Reaction score
A set of Progress twins(44lbs each at birth) out of a Marshal daughter with their calves this year.
DSC_0857.jpg

U01
DSC_0951.jpg

her bull calf Y10
DSC_0901.jpg

U02
DSC_0893.jpg

Her daughter Y17

It was a charming 112 in the shade last Sunday when I took these.

Here is the sire to the calves out of the Progress twins. He is a two year old about 27 months now. In his working clothes.
DSC_0177.jpg

Good looking cattle, were the twins raised by their dam or was one a bottle baby? They look good, I got my first progress higher this spring and she looks real nice, thick little girl .... Although she is a light pigment and a little on the TMW side, but she's staying. We also got our first set of heifer twins this year, we're raising one as a bottle calf, so is the reason for my question. Yours sure turned out well.

Finally how is your bull bred?

Thanks,
Alan

Someone else already posted this info and I use it all the time now. If the pics are too big - just hold the Control key & hit the Minus key (-) or if you want things bigger, hold the Control key & hit +. Works slick.
Anyway cattle look good. I like the U1 cow and calf over the U2 cow & calf. Dam & bull calf are real easy fleshing looking and plenty thick & deep. Really great pair.
But, U2 is sure not a throw-away. Nice cow, especially when you figure one of them was a bonus.

Thanks for lesson on resizing.I do appreciate that Dun has once again saved my bacon.

Alan, the calves were raised naturally, bottle fed calves are projects for the neighbors kid not me. The bull is out of my Sargent bull that I have posted picture of in the past, out of a Governor female. W05 is polled while his sire is a heavy scurrred bull.

Latest posts