Turnip hay

Help Support CattleToday:

tech

Reaction score
I have been trying to find out if turnip greens can be put as hay can anyone here give me any I site on this.

You don't think even in a 100 degree day that they would dry down? I do custom hay but the only thing I know about turnips is that they have been used in my area as cover crop. I'm in NW oklahoma and was hoping to try something new.

You don't think even in a 100 degree day that they would dry down? I do custom hay but the only thing I know about turnips is that they have been used in my area as cover crop. I'm in NW oklahoma and was hoping to try something new.
Well I'm in central Texas and being turnips are a cool season deal and we're probably looking at well into July for a 100 degree day. I reckon they'd be dry just standing out there.lol

Lmao this year you maybe absolutely correct we haven't had rain worth anything since last July and it is not looking good for the hay, wheat and triticale are headed out and it's only April and we usually don't harvest around hear until end of July to middle of June it's BAD!!

Latest posts