Turner County Breeder Sale 3/8/19

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Curious to see how many pairs and 3-n-1's are going to be there this Friday. Never been to Turner County Stockyard before but I've always heard good things about the place. Anybody here ever bought any cattle from the breeder sales they have there?

The breeder's sale have been extremely cheap over the past few months. Depending on your goals, you might want to do your homework if you plan on buying breeding stock though. Prices usually follow general market conditions, but I believe they have been below. You don't always get what you pay for in this industry, but you do often. If you are looking for females or bulls to improve fertility or efficiency, PM me. I have stock available and am in Irwin County close by.

Sale last night had a pretty good many pairs and breds. Handful of 3-1s. Not sure about exact numbers. Had about 40 bulls. Mostly Angus. Few composites and crossbreds and just a couple of Char, Hereford, and Limos. Bred cow avg just guessing was around $1100. Pairs $1300. Bulls $1500-1600. Quality was average. Nothing to write home about.

They had two registered gray Brahman heifers, bred to registered gray Brahman bulls. One bred 2 months. One bred 6 weeks supposedly but tested open. Anyway. They were pretty as a picture. $1025/ea. I don't know what I was thinking but I just sat there on my hands and watched. Have had a sick feeling ever since. Should've brought them home.