Calhoun sale- Kenny

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
@kenny thomas They are changing to Tuesdays 1st of February. They didn't say why in their notices. Athens, GA to the east and Ft Payne to the west are both on Tuesday. I have seen one or twoo of the Calhoiun owners buying and selling at FT Payne amd Athens about every time I go. Anyhow, I know you have said you'd like to come back by there sometime when you are down this way, so thought you ought to be aware of the date change.

That's the same day that Arab and Cullman also have their sale . Is it because they can receive cattle on Monday and Tuesday the day of the sale ? Truckers can pick up loads from more than one site to fill an order ?

@kenny thomas They are changing to Tuesdays 1st of February. They didn't say why in their notices. Athens, GA to the east and Ft Payne to the west are both on Tuesday. I have seen one or twoo of the Calhoiun owners buying and selling at FT Payne amd Athens about every time I go. Anyhow, I know you have said you'd like to come back by there sometime when you are down this way, so thought you ought to be aware of the date change.
Thanks, a few cattle from Athens TN on Tuesday have come here on Saturday to a local market to retrade. We dont allow it.
Mascot in Knoxville TN is also on Tuesday.