Turkey

Help Support CattleToday:

Cover the breast with al u min E um foil about 45 minutes or an hour before time to remove the bird from the oven, and it won't be so dry.

I'm sure that helps. But I won't be cooking a turkey any way other than spatchcocked again. For me its better in every way, except like you mentioned, it takes a much larger pan.

Does no one else put bacon across the top of the turkey to add that little extra "grease" and keep the turkey breast meat from becoming too dry? It was the best part of coming in the kitchen and stealing some cooked bacon off the top of the turkey when it came out of the oven... that's what my mom always did.. strips of bacon across the top and it was never too dry.
I had to look up spatchcocked also... interesting.

I still stuff the turkey or chicken and like my stuffing that way...

Yeah, I had to look it up too. "Dry brine" is rubbing salt on the bird? What does it do? Just make it salty?
Dry Brining accomplishes the same thing as a wet brine. It first draws the moisture from the meat, but then that moisture is drawn back in and set by the salt. It seems counter-intuitive, but it really works just the same as soaking in a brine.

The science of it is explained in this article.

Does no one else put bacon across the top of the turkey to add that little extra "grease" and keep the turkey breast meat from becoming too dry? It was the best part of coming in the kitchen and stealing some cooked bacon off the top of the turkey when it came out of the oven... that's what my mom always did.. strips of bacon across the top and it was never too dry.
I had to look up spatchcocked also... interesting.

I still stuff the turkey or chicken and like my stuffing that way...
Wife puts bacon across the top of the turkey. She said her grandmother always did that.

Latest posts