Triple son Farm F1 brangus

Help Support CattleToday:

Bfields30

Reaction score
Has anybody bought bulls from triple sons farm plan on going to look at the f1 brangus first weekend in April told me there 3500 start off price and registered was looking for some insight on I know it's big name but just wanted to see if anybody had a bull from them.

They have some good looking animals and I know they move a lot of bulls but I have never understood paying that kind of money for a crossbred bull. Only scenario I could see being useful would be if I had a herd of Angus cows or Hereford cows and wanted to start working a little ear in. The 1/4 heifers may turn out nice but it would be hard not to go Brangus for the more established lineage.

If I were to try, that is where I would go. I do think they are trying to do it right.

The F1 bull is supposed to be the low cost cleanup bull to breed cows when it gets too hot for a British bull. You could get an F1 bull for much less from Jason Smith at Smith Brahman.

Triple Sons has very good stock but they have the average and below average looking cattle, too. Some of the heifer pens they sell on cattlerange are a group of mixed nuts. A great one, couple good, a few ok, and some you may stop and drop at a sale barn.

JWBrahman said:
The F1 bull is supposed to be the low cost cleanup bull to breed cows when it gets too hot for a British bull. You could get an F1 bull for much less from Jason Smith at Smith Brahman.

Triple Sons has very good stock but they have the average and below average looking cattle, too. Some of the heifer pens they sell on cattlerange are a group of mixed nuts. A great one, couple good, a few ok, and some you may stop and drop at a sale barn.
Yeah those cows they sell way out of my budget. Where is smith Brahman located and how much are his Brahman bulls cost wise

Brute 23 said:
They have some good looking animals and I know they move a lot of bulls but I have never understood paying that kind of money for a crossbred bull. Only scenario I could see being useful would be if I had a herd of Angus cows or Hereford cows and wanted to start working a little ear in. The 1/4 heifers may turn out nice but it would be hard not to go Brangus for the more established lineage.

If I were to try, that is where I would go. I do think they are trying to do it right.

Who's a good reputable brangus bull breeder in Texas .