Trespassers make me mad...

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
This guy thinks his picture is getting taken, well it is but not the camera he is waving to....
WGI_0008_zpsb2e59779.jpg

Had a camera get stolen last year. Using a old broken one as bait.

kenny thomas":38tjmeml said:
Do you know him? He would have flat tires if he were here.
No, but asking a few people. That area of my farm has a old road that is on the property line, creates lots of problems. Seems everyone thinks they can go thru there, some storms blew tree across the road and I left it alone, neighbor cleaned it out and now the atv traffic has started back.

He looks like a real piece of work. The thing you gotta watch, is them getting even with you. It's a safe bet, the jailer or sheriff will know him.

Bigfoot":1uxo5j2p said:
He looks like a real piece of work. The thing you gotta watch, is them getting even with you. It's a safe bet, the jailer or sheriff will know him.
Yea, I know what you mean. Just tired of people running all over this place, years ago when it was dad's and he lived out of town people just had free run. I got several cameras back there watching, seems to have reduced the problems, I keep the cameras moved around so they never know where they are, but along a road so atv's really can't avoid. Left this non-working camera there for bait, hoping someone would steal it and get a pic of them.

kenny thomas":2uov749w said:
Do you know him? He would have flat tires if he were here.

Years ago I had same problem and I never used the trail only tresspassers did. I took a railroad tie and drilled hole completely through every 4 inches got threaded rods and put them all across that RR tie and used the grinder to cut it off to a extreme sharp point and buried it in the ground with 3 inches of the threded rod exposed. Lets just say it ceased all the trespassing because that was the only way to get in.

I feel for ya. My place joins a water shed lake. People treated this place like a national recreation area for years. It's not really in me to be mean to people. When the kids started getting big enough to venture out on their own, they would come in with stories of talking with people. I decided it was time to break it up.

hillsdown":1ty2heeb said:
Maybe you should bombard every social media site and plaster his picture all over .

Thought about that, but right now I don't want anyone to know there are a couple bait cameras set up with others hidden watching as this one was, hope to catch them stealing a camera. Serial numbers are written down. I don't think he saw the other camera, hopefully not. Had one stolen last year, so hope to catch the scum this year.

Bigfoot":1kgmd62v said:
My place joins a water shed lake. People treated this place like a national recreation area for years. It's not really in me to be mean to people.. I decided it was time to break it up.

Its not being mean its just exercising your rights as a property owner. If you don't stop it people will do anything to your land

tom4018":tzokbyo6 said:
hillsdown":tzokbyo6 said:
Maybe you should bombard every social media site and plaster his picture all over .

Thought about that, but right now I don't want anyone to know there are a couple bait cameras set up with others hidden watching as this one was, hope to catch them stealing a camera. Serial numbers are written down. I don't think he saw the other camera, hopefully not. Had one stolen last year, so hope to catch the scum this year.

Gotta get them hidden well or they walk.

I hope this is a local problem, and not state wide. The only way the law would get involved here is if the person raped a child, or murdered someone in broad daylight.

I have the same problem since I'm gone for days at a time
I put up no trespassing signs but it has stopped them
Someone said to put up signs saying the property is video monitored and put up cameras
But based on your experience that wouldn't work

skyhightree1":3kiv3ad8 said:
tom4018":3kiv3ad8 said:
hillsdown":3kiv3ad8 said:

Gotta get them hidden well or they walk.
All the good cameras are in security boxes bolted to trees and python cable locks, maybe it will slow them down a bit.

tom4018":2evygftp said:
hillsdown":2evygftp said:

He looks like the kind of guy that would rip your camera down and smash it, not steal it . A totally different kind of scum , he is the thug that thinks he is entitled to do whatever he wants and screw you .

We have a few in our neighborhood like that . They think that they should be able to go wherever they want because they have been here longer , and will just cut a lock or drive through a gate . I HATE THEM !!! I have zero tolerance for those people too .

hillsdown":98z52wml said:
tom4018":98z52wml said:
hillsdown":98z52wml said:

He looks like the kind of guy that would rip your camera down and smash it, not steal it . A totally different kind of scum , he is the thug that thinks he is entitled to do whatever he wants and screw you .

We have a few in our neighborhood like that . They think that they should be able to go wherever they want because they have been here longer , and will just cut a lock or drive through a gate . I HATE THEM !!! I have zero tolerance for those people too .
He may be back, had a girl on there with him. He may not have wanted her to see him do anything.

That's past brazen. Hope you get rid of the problem without complications.

The sermon today was on forgiveness of those that harm you. That's so much harder in practice than theory. I'm still working on that. I'd have to scrap my first 3 or 4 thoughts after seeing that picture, for more sensible ideas.