Trees fruit/nut

Help Support CattleToday:

MudHog":2vtbjl55 said:
Blueberries like acidic soil. I have my two Blueberries in pots (old protein cattle tubs) so I can control the soil easier. They are on their first year producing from planting this Spring. I'm not a big potted plant person, but so far they are doing good.

Ditto here, MH. My blueberry trees were loaded last summer but the birds got all of them. They are about 6' tall and I think I need to transplant but concerned about the Ph of the soil. Ph somewhere around 5.5 to 6.0. What do you think?

5.5 to 6.0, your doing good.

I'll look for an article on what I use. Cut cuts wedges out of the root ball, then fills the wedges in with soil and compost them he puts the plant back into the pot.

lavacarancher":20nangq6 said:
MudHog":20nangq6 said:
Blueberries like acidic soil. I have my two Blueberries in pots (old protein cattle tubs) so I can control the soil easier. They are on their first year producing from planting this Spring. I'm not a big potted plant person, but so far they are doing good.

Ditto here, MH. My blueberry trees were loaded last summer but the birds got all of them. They are about 6' tall and I think I need to transplant but concerned about the Ph of the soil. Ph somewhere around 5.5 to 6.0. What do you think?

4 - 5 is better. If you get around 6 your growth will be weak. Using ammonium sulfate and sulfur will help your growth on a higher pH.

Latest posts