Treated wood vs Pipe

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":1stnwlbx said:
JMJ Farms":1stnwlbx said:
True Grit Farms":1stnwlbx said:
https://macon.craigslist.org/grd/5848975884.html

Here's all the pipe you'd ever want, local.

Is that a good price?

I have no idea.

Makes two of us. I'm gonna keep looking and checking but probably what's going to happen is that I take down my old cow lot, use the guardrail I already have to build the perimeter, and then build the interior out of wood. But I'm gonna keep looking into the pipe.

Bigfoot":2iq4xiax said:
Bigfoot":2iq4xiax said:
Out of curiosity, what would a pipe trap work out to per linear foot? I can put up 5 2" x 6" X 12' with a pressure treated post every 6' for about $6 a foot. The actual "working" part of my facility is 2" x 8". 6 boards high. It's close to 7' tall, and nothing goes over it or through it. That's actually a little spendy for my blood.

I've got a Lincoln buzz box in my shop, and a little 120 mig. My generator will probably only run my little wire feed. So long story short unless my little wife feed will handle a project like that, I'm relegated to hiring it out. I like the pile corners, I see people doing on here. I would like to get set up to do those. I'm probably looking at several dollars just for the ability.
I have everything to build with and don't have the time.

callmefence":1wjqdmgl said:
JMJ Farms":1wjqdmgl said:
True Grit Farms":1wjqdmgl said:
https://macon.craigslist.org/grd/5848975884.html

Here's all the pipe you'd ever want, local.

Is that a good price?

Probably a good price. I'm paying 80cents for 23/8 with about a 3/16 wall thickness. The add sounds like he'll come down.

I think I will call him tomorrow and see Fenceman. I don't normally intentionally insult people but I think I will lowball him and see if he bites.

I have a friend who is building one out of fiberglass poles. He claims that it should last a long time and should be very strong. I don't know how it will take the forces of crowding cattle though. Time will tell.

I was at a near by university today. They had a little two man crew working on there outdoor rodeo arena. Adding on to the holding pens. The guys weren't cutting saddles, they here beating the pipe flat.

Latest posts