Wood Chippers - Are ANY of Them Any Good?

Help Support CattleToday:

mml373

Reaction score
I absolutely HATE how some companies advertise useful homesteading equipment that may not be durable. Curious to know folks' experiences with wood chippers. I have a great need for mulch here at home and have a number of downed trees I'd like to chip. DR sells various models but I'm not very trusting of their durability.

I'm not sure if your looking for a PTO chipper or not but I have a Woodland Mills WC88. I was a little skeptical of the 8" diameter rating but it has no issues eating oak limbs that big. Soft woods it doesn't even hardly know you fed it anything.

I only have experience with the DR pull behind mower and it was junk. I sent two of the heaviest duty models back.

Thank you. Of course I didn't mention...I don't have a tractor and one is not in my future due to purchase price and cost of ownership. PTO models aren't an option for me.
I'm not sure if your looking for a PTO chipper or not but I have a Woodland Mills WC88. I was a little skeptical of the 8" diameter rating but it has no issues eating oak limbs that big. Soft woods it doesn't even hardly know you fed it anything.

I only have experience with the DR pull behind mower and it was junk. I sent two of the heaviest duty models back.

I have a DR chipper shredder. I would not recommend it. The biggest issue is the thin metal housing that the limb sets on. As the carbide cutter spins on flywheel, it forces the limb down onto the thin metal housing and it deforms over time. It gets farther from cutter and does not cut.
Shredder not very good either.

Latest posts