Trailer upgrade....

Help Support CattleToday:

tom4018

Dumb Old Farmer
Reaction score
With the great market prices I figure why not upgrade trailers. :lol:

Wish I would have taken a before pic, but it had some rust on the front and starting in a few other places. Started to patch up the front but decided to give it a complete paint job. I am beginning to think for the time I put in it I might have been able to buy a new one. But my labor is cheap or free I guess.

I gotta do the same thing! She's getting pretty rough. If yours looked anything like mine does currently you did a great job!

Nesikep said:
Now's the time to sell it and get a better one!

They still want too much. If I can get a few more years maybe things will be better then.

and prices will go up too for the newer ones!

We got this one for $6500 USD, took a bit of scrubbing to get 30 years of road grime off it but it's in good shape and tows beautifully.. it's a 1990 Wilson, they're really nicely built with attention to detail.. 30 years and the wiring has never been touched, seams are nicely sealed, etc

It looks great! I'm working on mine right now as well. I have everything sanded and spot primed getting ready to shoot finish paint this week. I'm guessing mine is a late 80's model but has a new floor, good tires and brakes, and a full re-wire with new LED lights.
I want to do a grey color as well. What color gray is that?

BigBear56 said:
It looks great! I'm working on mine right now as well. I have everything sanded and spot primed getting ready to shoot finish paint this week. I'm guessing mine is a late 80's model but has a new floor, good tires and brakes, and a full re-wire with new LED lights.
Massey Furgeoson gray. Figured it would be was easy to find d later if I needed some touch up. It was a lighter gray before.

tom4018 said:
BigBear56 said:
Massey Furgeoson gray. Figured it would be was easy to find d later if I needed some touch up. It was a lighter gray before.
It looks great. I was thinking about Massey gray but I elected to go with Kubota gray which is a little darker. How many gallons did it take you? My trailer is about the same size and I ordered 3 gallons for 2 coats inside and out. That should be more than enough hopefully. Airless Graco with a fine finish tip

BigBear56 said:
tom4018 said:
BigBear56 said:
It looks great. I was thinking about Massey gray but I elected to go with Kubota gray which is a little darker. How many gallons did it take you? My trailer is about the same size and I ordered 3 gallons for 2 coats inside and out. That should be more than enough hopefully. Airless Graco with a fine finish tip
It took less than 2 gallons. I did not do all inside. I sprayed part of the inside with bedliner spray.

tom4018 said:
BigBear56 said:

That's no Massey grey I have ever seen. :?

Aaron said:
tom4018 said:
BigBear56 said:

I thought it looked darker than I remember but not sure.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rust-oleum-specialty-farm-implement-gloss-massey-fergusion-gray-1-gal?cm_vc=-10005

tom4018 said:
Aaron said:
tom4018 said:

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rust-ol koeum-specialty-farm-implement-gloss-massey-fergusion-gray-1-gal?cm_vc=-10005

Ok. Generics never come close to the real thing. I am a stickler for color, so I always buy factory paint for the proper model. The 3 main Massey grey shades are Corporate Grey, Smoke Grey and Silver Mist.

Aaron said:
tom4018 said:
Aaron said:
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/rust-ol koeum-specialty-farm-implement-gloss-massey-fergusion-gray-1-gal?cm_vc=-10005

Ok. Generics never come close to the real thing. I am a stickler for color, so I always buy factory paint for the proper model. The 3 main Massey grey shades are Corporate Grey, Smoke Grey and Silver Mist.
I understand. For this I just wanted a gray it didn't have to be a perfect match to anything. Wanted something I could go back and buy for touch up if needed.

snoopdog said:
Looks great! But what are these great market prices ye speak of?
A figment of my imagination or days gone by. That is why this trailer got some attention, no way to justify a new one.

Latest posts