Trade War

Help Support CattleToday:

If that is what we have to give up to bring back our steel and other major manufacturers well worth it.
We have been subsidizing the world at the cost of national security.

Any good thing will take time to work. It will hurt them more than us. Exports to China were only $130 billion while imports from China were $506 billion. They are slowly draining and killing our country as something has to be done, tried. When a chunk of that $506 billion quits rolling into China they will be willing to buy more USA.

Common sense tells, you have to try something and at least we willing to try and even things out now. Farmers will probably suffer the most, especially in the short run.

Fake news, no company can eat $90 to a $100 million annually. There's more to it than what's being reported. If we could get some of these countries to import some illegal immigrants the trade deficit wouldn't look nearly as bad.

Caustic Burno":2xub14yt said:
If that is what we have to give up to bring back our steel and other major manufacturers well worth it.

While I won't disagree with the fact that we've been losing our a$$ financially, this goes against MAGA as it was advertised. You can't MAGA when jobs are going overseas. This is going to come back around to bite him in the rear, and who knows who's going to benefit.

TennesseeTuxedo":2xub14yt said:
Smoot-Hawley anyone?

Those who don't study history are bound to repeat it. :hide: I'm afraid we're due for some decent financial hits. Trump will take the blame, but it's been a long time coming due to our love of credit as a society.

Have you taken a look a the job less numbers? Unemployment numbers? And US jobs available? This might all blow up and fail, but it was for sure going to blow up and fail if we stayed on our previous path. I see signs for full time employment at a half dozen local businesses. A couple of years ago no one wanted to hire full time employees. For now things are good for the working ckass folks, let's ride the wave and see where it takes us.

jobs are everywhere, if a person wants to work they can work. Ive been trying to hire a driver for 2 months. I finally think i have found one but I'm going to have to pay 5 bucks more an hour to get him.

jltrent":23r2wfab said:
Any good thing will take time to work. It will hurt them more than us. Exports to China were only $130 billion while imports from China were $506 billion. They are slowly draining and killing our country as something has to be done, tried. When a chunk of that $506 billion quits rolling into China they will be willing to buy more USA.

Common sense tells, you have to try something and at least we willing to try and even things out now. Farmers will probably suffer the most, especially in the short run.

Will we give it the time required though?

Yes, farmers will suffer because they were actually exporting something unlike everyone else who depends on this consumption driven economy.

Bestoutwest":33ttvc0d said:
So how are those tariff's working again? Cost of products going up. Jobs being lost. This isn't going to go well I'm afraid.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/25/news/co ... index.html

Check some sources other than CNN. Yes, Harley Davidson and most exporters will get hurt but we don't have many exporters in case you haven't noticed.

shaz":1vzrrako said:
Bestoutwest":1vzrrako said:
So how are those tariff's working again? Cost of products going up. Jobs being lost. This isn't going to go well I'm afraid.

Check some sources other than CNN. Yes, Harley Davidson and most exporters will get hurt but we don't have many exporters in case you haven't noticed.

Such as what? Fox News is too right wing. Huffpost is waaaaaay too left leaning. NPR is decent, but still left leaning. Then there's the whole host of online "news" sites. Everyone has an agenda to push, and advertising dollars to collect.

Automation has killed our manufacturing jobs. But as usual , the farmer will bear the brunt of the pain, and will persevere , because it's what survivors do .

M-5":1o7jbryh said:
jobs are everywhere, if a person wants to work they can work. Ive been trying to hire a driver for 2 months. I finally think i have found one but I'm going to have to pay 5 bucks more an hour to get him.

I hope he's a good one and ask for another 5 after 30 days. :lol2:

Caustic Burno":3p2vu466 said:

exactly.

we have completely built china from a 3rd world crap country to a superpower.. all with buying the junk they produce..

We can't keep growing these countries and making ours weaker. As soon as we are weak, they are going to team up and screw us over. you can bet the farm on that.

Bestoutwest":38kyqyji said:
shaz":38kyqyji said:
Bestoutwest":38kyqyji said:

Such as what? Fox News is too right wing. Huffpost is waaaaaay too left leaning. NPR is decent, but still left leaning. Then there's the whole host of online "news" sites. Everyone has an agenda to push, and advertising dollars to collect.

npr.. decent... ?? hahahahaha

maybe if you want to cry about how some people on a raft got picked up but weren't allowed in xxxxx country... oh.. those poor poor poor people.. booo hoo.. lets let them come to the US.. give them 100k , a car, and a house and give them a few white slaves.

ddd75":3biubp4e said:
Bestoutwest":3biubp4e said:
shaz":3biubp4e said:

npr.. decent... ?? hahahahaha

maybe if you want to cry about how some people on a raft got picked up but weren't allowed in xxxxx country... oh.. those poor poor poor people.. booo hoo.. lets let them come to the US.. give them 100k , a car, and a house and give them a few white slaves.

You might need to see your doctor. Looks like you have no heart might be something you need to have checked. Compassion is and admirable thing in the human race.

ddd75":3rirm4ct said:
we have completely built china from a 3rd world crap country to a superpower.. all with buying the junk they produce..

We can't keep growing these countries and making ours weaker. As soon as we are weak, they are going to team up and screw us over. you can bet the farm on that.

First, China had some role in becoming a World Power. They are very industrious, intelligent people.

Second, we didn't build them out of the goodness of our heart. Give them credit, we cannot compete with them on a manufacturing basis. I will say this - some of their products STINKS the place up. All the Bushhog Rotary Cutters now have Chinese gear boxes. They only last half as long as the old gear boxes. The Bushhog dealer actually told me that. Problem is - China is making all the gear boxes for almost everything now.

Third, don't hold your breath. I hope the new policies work but in this new age, there is more to our trade problems than the rhetoric suggests. IMO - government cannot fix world economics. I support attempts to facilitate fair trade but the foundation economics cannot be changed by government in a capitalist society. In fact, that is what is fundamental to CAPITALISM- the government does not control it.

Latest posts