Tractors on roads...

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
๐Ÿšœ
We were just riding along patiently following this tractor driving down the road. My husband and I were just talking noticing stuff we normally don't notice going 55-60 mph. Its a nice hot sunny Sunday afternoon. We are just thankful to be live and all that great stuff. This redneck (no offense to ya'll rednecks ๐Ÿ˜‰) comes fly pass us hanging out the passenger window flipping the tractor man off. The man on the tractor just ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿฝ. I all tore up ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ I just don't understand it... I did like the tractor man response but still don't understand why the redneck had to flip him the bird. Crazy. The man's was out working yea maybe slow the guy down was it really worth that. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿค”

Chevy said:
๐Ÿšœ
We were just riding along patiently following this tractor driving down the road. My husband and I were just talking noticing stuff we normally don't notice going 55-60 mph. Its a nice hot sunny Sunday afternoon. We are just thankful to be live and all that great stuff. This redneck (no offense to ya'll rednecks ๐Ÿ˜‰) comes fly pass us hanging out the passenger window flipping the tractor man off. The man on the tractor just ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿฝ. I all tore up ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜ญ I just don't understand it... I did like the tractor man response but still don't understand why the redneck had to flip him the bird. Crazy. The man's was out working yea maybe slow the guy down was it really worth that. ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿค”

Tractor has the right of way in Texas on FM's and county roads, horse or oxen trump that. It's amazing at the guy in the 75k truck with the 75k bass boat thinks he has the right of way.

https://vanalstynehomes.com/farm-to-market-roads-and-country-road-etiquette/

Caustic Burno said:
Tractor has the right of way in Texas on FM's and county roads, horse or oxen trump that. It's amazing at the guy in the 75k truck with the 75k bass boat thinks he has the right of way.

https://vanalstynehomes.com/farm-to-market-roads-and-country-road-etiquette/

I knew I should have kept my oxen but they could just nor work the baler fast enough!

Chevy said:
๐Ÿšœ

If they had a dollar for every time they get the bird, they could retire on it.

ALACOWMAN said:
Chevy said:
๐Ÿšœ

If they had a dollar for every time they get the bird, they could retire on it.

If I had a dollar for every time I got the bird, or had trash thrown at me, I wouldn't be driving used equipment.

We grew up driving tractors all over uo and down the roads. My dad use to put us on and then pick us up an hour or two later at the next property when we were like 12 and 13. My cousins followed me on go carts one time like 20 miles to another property.

A couple years ago I was moving a tractor and disk and a little Nissan car hit me from behind. I'm pushing #20K and the car was like #6K and it hit me hard enough to push me down the road faster than the tires would turn in high gear. It pushed me about 100yds down the road then spun me off in the ditch. I can remember going side ways in a fish tail and pointing the opposite way I was going. I thought for sure when I hit the bottom part of the ditch I was going to flip and that was it... I was a goner. Right as I hit the bottom of the ditch the tractor started leaning and stopped. Lucky the disk jack knifed it to the tire and held me up from flipping. The pin, hitch, and draw bar on the tractor were bent. It saved my life. The Nissan can had no hood, no door, no front quarter pannel and there were a couple disks and spacers in the front passenger seat and back seat. Had there been passenger it would not have been good. I couldnt ride in a vehicle for 3 weeks and still have back pains. There is no support in a tractor seat when you get hit. The whiplash is intense. I still have to get massages and adjustments regularly.

I wont hardly take a tractor down a main road any more. If you do, definitely dont move over because they will never tap the brakes. Stay in your lane and make them slow down and then wait to pass. Having another vehicle with flashes and stuff helps also.

I occasionally need to take a tractor down Highway 6, which is a major 4-lane divided highway. Going north isn't bad because there's a wide shoulder, but going south it's just barely wide enough for me not to be over the white line. The pucker factor definitely gets pretty high. I'm still surprised at the number of people that won't move over into the left lane, even if there's no one else in it.

They think the guy in the tractor is just Sunday driving, or going slow on purpose, most tractors can do 80mph cruise you know, just most like to take their time :shock: :roll:

Chevy said:
๐Ÿšœ

Pretty full of yourself there shell....thinkin you can offend a redneck...

Not a lot of tractors on the road here. That is because there just aren't a lot of "farms". Mostly ranches. The only time you see tractors on the road is during hay season which is still a month away. It is a lot more common to see a couple hundred cows walking down the road followed by half a dozen cowboys horse back. It is funny to watch out of area people who run into this. They don't know what to do. Locals slow way down and putt along through the herd.

callmefence said:
Chevy said:
๐Ÿšœ

Yea, I guess your right. ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿฝ I didn't think about that.
Now I'm wandering if it had something to do with all the protesting. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ There was a big protest here yesterday maybe they were getting fired up for it.

Do I dare ask how ya'll feel about all the protest? :hide: :pop:

I usually nod politely, which slides my glasses a bit down my nose. Then I push them back up, with one finger, I'll let you guess which one.

Chevy said:
๐Ÿšœ

The redneck was probably late to address a group of professors on theory of relativity and the tractor was making it worse. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chevy said:
callmefence said:
Chevy said:
๐Ÿšœ

Now I'm wandering if it had something to do with all the protesting. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿฝโ€โ™€๏ธ There was a big protest here yesterday maybe they were getting fired up for it.

What protest??

callmefence said:
Chevy said:
callmefence said:

What protest??

Protest ship sailed long ago these are terrorist.

Latest posts