Tractor Repair

Help Support CattleToday:

jersey lilly

Reaction score
When I was diskin pastures a couple weeks ago, was almost finished when the front pin came out that holds the front axel in place. I noticed it was drivin awful ruff, but I was in hog roots and just thought it was ruff ground. Nope...front axel was goin ever which way, when I stopped Mr Lilly noticed the pin had came out. We looked but couldn't find it. Little wonder, since I was draggin the disk and had a cross tie on behind the disk smoothin it out.
Anyway, instead of havin to order a pin, and spend $. Alot of our repairs/parts around here are made down at the shop. Saves money and time gettin some repairs done.

2006-03-18-015-measurin-wit.jpg

Mr Lilly measurin with the calipers.

2006-04-03-027-Buildin-pin.jpg

Turnin the new pin on the lathe.

2006-04-03-038-puttin-pin-i.jpg

Installin the new pin...........good to go now!

Skyeagle said it all.

Just out of curiosity, what's the extra tank on the front used for?

cfpinz

It's an air tank, with a compressor mounted on the side of the tractor, just hook it to the battery when needed. Our place where we have our cows and hayfield is 12 miles from the house/shop. So if somethin needs air, be it baler tires, tractor tires, whatever, it's awful handy to have a air compressor out there and not hafta rely on havin an air tank in the truck.

I won't mind seeing a picture of the compressor. 8)
He's done a fine job of fitting the tank up.

Here's a couple pictures of the compressor.....follow the yellow wire towards the battery. When the compressor is needed the yellow wire is simply hooked to the battery, it comes on and pressures up the tank, there's an air hose on the opposite side that stays coiled up and tied to the side of the tractor.

2006-04-10-003-compressor-p.jpg

2006-04-10-004-compressor-p.jpg

Latest posts