Tractor most used this year

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
What tractor did you find yourself using mostly ? I have to say mine is probably my ford 6640 I use it to bushhog alot and clip pastures and cut and bale hay.

JD5205 90% of the time.

50Hp, 4WD and loader. Good on fuel.
Good on hills because it's set wide.

I only have one. My kids are getting big enough to drive tractors now. I would like to have one for everybody (Ain't gonna happen).

Deere 6100D, 4WD/ Cab/Loader. All the other tractors are canopy and long in the tooth. The cab and 4 WD paid for themselves during this monsoon year we are having.

In order
Massey 1660 w/cab A/C - Stereo - Heat - bucket - spear - bush hog - rake

IH 886 - open canopy - mow - bail

IH 2444 "ole bessey" gas job - open - scrapes out the barn - moves burn piles

skyhightree1":3epjmwnz said:
What tractor did you find yourself using mostly ? I have to say mine is probably my ford 6640 I use it to bushhog alot and clip pastures and cut and bale hay.

I use that one cause its the smallest one i have with a cab and a FEL

my trusty old and only ford 340A. pulls trees and roots, brush hogs, moves bales and sprays the fields........

tsmaxx47":22zh8vtn said:
my trusty old and only ford 340A. pulls trees and roots, brush hogs, moves bales and sprays the fields........

I thought that was a backhoe. Shows what I know.

really haven't used either one very much...but the go to tractor is usually the 2955 jd over the 2350. It's a smoother ride.

3 tractors got used in the hayfield this year. Ford 8600 on the hydroswing. Ford 9600 on the V-rake. Kubota M126GX on the round baler. Now I hope to get some fuel line issues solved soon on the MF 2775 and get hay moved.

8600 can rest now until winter feeding. 9600 got done gathering up bales and now needs to go to the doctor for power steering leaks. Kubota just got done mowing road ditch.

I know it's only August but when the mower comes off, the snowblower is going on! ;-)

Latest posts