tractor maintance

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
well im getting ready to do the maintance on my kubota tractor,an the price is high.the cost for motor oil oil filter hydrolic filters hydrolic fluid is shy of $380.the goodthing is after this i only have to change the oil an oil filter every 150hrs.then change the hydro oil in 350hrs.

the upkeep will always be high.its a 2010 MX5100 HST 4x4 with fel.this is a complete maintance on it.have to drain 12 gal of hydro fluid an put new in,an that cost $85 for 5 gallons.then its change oil every 150hrs.then change hydro again at 400hrs.

bigbull338":1ayotlyk said:
the upkeep will always be high.its a 2010 MX5100 HST 4x4 with fel.this is a complete maintance on it.have to drain 12 gal of hydro fluid an put new in,an that cost $85 for 5 gallons.then its change oil every 150hrs.then change hydro again at 400hrs.
Get you an old clunker like mine. You never change anything except the filter. The rest of the time you just keep adding fluid every day. :bang: Never have to add water tho. :lol2:

TB thats what the old feller said that i may get to help me do the maintance on it.he goes ive never changed the hydro fluid on a tractor in 40yrs.

Use a higher quality engine oil and you can stretch the 150 hour change interval. John Deere now has Plus 50 II engine oil that they claim will go 500 hours. I wouldn't push it that long but it should still be good for 300+. I've used Schaeffer's oil before and they give free oil analysis kits. When you change the oil you send a sample in and they analyze for wear. If things look good they ask you to extend the change interval 50 hours or whatever it may be and so on. I've heard several guys that go 400+ hours on an oil change in their big 4 wheel drive tractors. The tests come back with normal contaminants and wear so they know they aren't going to damage anything. Sometimes it is worth spending a bit more on oil but having it last longer.

I'm with TexasBred. :lol: I figure I change my trans/hyd oil every year just from adding when it needs it. I use the cheap store brand stuff and change the filter every couple years.

Engine doesn't use or leak oil and I change it seasonally. I think next winter I might try synthetic to make extreme cold starting easier.

Latest posts