Tractor light question

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Last year I had a hard time seeing at night when I was trying to put out hay. Carring the bale on the front blocked the lights of my tractor and it didn't seem safe carrying it high enough to see under the hay, so I was thinking of rigging up some lights on the rops. Any suggestions to doing this? What would be the best way to wire it in.

northcreekfarms":3e307fud said:
Last year I had a hard time seeing at night when I was trying to put out hay. Carring the bale on the front blocked the lights of my tractor and it didn't seem safe carrying it high enough to see under the hay, so I was thinking of rigging up some lights on the rops. Any suggestions to doing this? What would be the best way to wire it in.

I mounted a piece of angle iron across the rops with two lights pointed to the front and one two the back, wired to the tail lights with a toggle switch mounted on the angle iron. Picked up the cheap tractor lights at O Riellys.

My tractor already had tail lights and flashers mounted on the ROPS so I just added some cheap implement lights. It works great going forward. The downside is in backing up. Turn your head to look behind and the lights are right in your face. I have to lean back far enough to get past the ROPS to see when backing up.

I intend to mount some inside the rops. I wouldn't expect them to last very long on the outside. I would knock them off driving under something within the first 24 hours.