Tractor insurance through the company

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
We are in the process of buying a tractor and the salesman mentioned insurance through their company. We have everything else insured through another company. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to having a policy through the tractor company? The rates seem a little cheaper through the tractor company.

Right or wrong, I went with the Kubota insurance when I bought my tractor. Figured if something went wrong, it would be easier to deal with them directly versus trying to go through my insurance company.

If you are getting a zero or low finance deal, you will have to have some kind of insurance and going with the company insurance is the easiest way to do it. It will also be one payment for both.

If you're purchasing a new Kubota the insurance offered through Kubota covers just about everything on the tractor, drop a log/rock on the hood they replace it. I think it's a $250 deductible each occurance for the length of the loan.
I have carried the Kubota insurance for years and they have lost money on me

I have carried the Kubota insurance for years and they have lost money on me
Kenny, is that a good thing or a bad thing? What I mean by that is have you had to make so many claims that you would never buy another Kubota? I ask because I am currently looking at tractors -- the few that are available at dealers -- and Kubota is right up there at the top of my list. If I'm going to have issues with an unreliable brand, I may want to look elsewhere. Thanks!

If cheaper I would go through the tractor companies insurance. They probably would pay better and quicker since they have a contract with the company.
When I buy new I do the same especially if making payments they are going to be sure to make things right and I've found its cheaper. My new compact tractor insurance is like 7.00 a month I believe

I have purchased two M-series tractors and both times I insured with the insurance company that covers our ranch policy. The premium was about $100 for the year for full replacement value/$500 deduct. Having said that I never thought to ask about Kubota insurance just assumed it would be more $$. Ya all have given me something to think about about when it's time to purchase another one.

I have purchased two M-series tractors and both times I insured with the insurance company that covers our ranch policy. The premium was about $100 for the year for full replacement value/$500 deduct. Having said that I never thought to ask about Kubota insurance just assumed it would be more $$. Ya all have given me something to think about about when it's time to purchase another one.
If you have full replacement for 100 a year hang on to it.

When we bought a new Kubota they offer Kubota insurance for $40 a month. Its a $1.30 per a $1,000 depending on what you purchase your rates. The dealership make $25 for selling it. We have a million farm insurance policy for about $100 a year. We can't afford $480 for Kubota insurance. What was it ya'll said about bigger houses?! Whatever ya'll can afford. 😉

$50,000 tractor is $65 a month... you could buy a lot more tractor for an extra $65 a month. Huh? 🤣😝

Latest posts