tractor fluids

Help Support CattleToday:

jt

Reaction score
i need someone to help straighten me out on tractor fluids. '
long story short, i have a mahindra tractor and the dealer in my area shut down. my manual tells me that i need sae 80w90ep for my transmission. isnt that gear oil? the web site for mahindra tells me to use chevron 1000 thf. so i call the hot line for mahindra and they tell me these are the same??

the front axle also uses the same oil??

just wondering if they are interchangeable.. at a loss.

what am i missing here? (for those who might want to say, a better named tractor, well, its too late right now. lets get this one going.)

thanks

jt

Take that spec and go to your local parts store or bulk oil dealer they can cross this spec with their brand. Most all brands come from the same pipe into the brands containe and maybe an additive.

Call this number : 1-8008-lube-tek (1-800-582-3835 ) This is the number to chevron's lube tech. It must be a guy that stays in a little room with every manuel they make. Just give him the imformation on your tractor and he'll tell you what it takes. They never let me down yet.

thanks for the lubetek #. he could not find my tractor on his list, but he did answer some questions about the different oils that helped me to figure out what i need to do.

thanks,
jt

Latest posts