• McCormick

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Agco (any brands owned by agco)

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
LaneFarms":1e62jnny said:
We are running New Hollands mainly for the service even though they are 20 miles further than the nearest Deere dealer. Are there any other parts of the country where the Deere dealers are all merging? From here to south Ga. one company has 14 dealerships and there parts dept. stinks at the local store.
1 family owns all of the deere dealers here in South Mo and I think they might even own some in Kansas now
The only independent deere dealer I know of is up where Dun is at

I think they are doing the same thing where Jed is at

Angus Cowman":1va4nvd8 said:
LaneFarms":1va4nvd8 said:
We are running New Hollands mainly for the service even though they are 20 miles further than the nearest Deere dealer. Are there any other parts of the country where the Deere dealers are all merging? From here to south Ga. one company has 14 dealerships and there parts dept. stinks at the local store.
1 family owns all of the deere dealers here in South Mo and I think they might even own some in Kansas now
The only independent deere dealer I know of is up where Dun is at

I think they are doing the same thing where Jed is at
The guy in Lebanon owns 2 other dealerships in the general area

dun theres a few reasons why i said kubota.1.my clutch leg is gone as far as the newer tractors go.2.if we get another tractor i want 1 i can drive when i want to.3.ive heard that the other hydro trannies on other makes go out to easy.

The first time I walked into the shop at the tractor dealership, and all the tractors split in half were there for hydrostat transmission problems....I got one without it! Scared me!

BrownCow":2hxw1i1n said:
I put Ford and New Holland together because New Holland took over Ford.

BC

Not being a smart alleck, but there's been a lot of people I've run into over the years that think New Holland bought Ford Tractor Operations, this isn't the case. Sometime in the 80s Sperry-New Holland was going bankrupt and FTO bought them because FTO didn't have a good forage line and SNH had a really good one. In '95 Fiat bought FTO and the right to use the New Holland name and Ford allowed them to use the Ford name for 5 years while gradually changing the name to NH.

We used to run strictly Ford tractors, since '95 I've added a Deere and wish I'd gone green sooner. Not that the Fords weren't good dependable tractors, just really like this Deere. Still have 4 Fords, but they're all pre 95. I've heard some horror stories about the dependability of the blue tractors built since 95 and wouldn't consider one.

I was talking to a new friend at the Sth East Qld Tractors Day out. He traded in a case on a New Holland and now hates it with a passion and is so sorry he did. He is thinking of getting rid of it ASAP.

SaddleSore":y0srhsr8 said:
BrownCow":y0srhsr8 said:
I put Ford and New Holland together because New Holland took over Ford.

BC

Not being a smart alleck, but there's been a lot of people I've run into over the years that think New Holland bought Ford Tractor Operations, this isn't the case. Sometime in the 80s Sperry-New Holland was going bankrupt and FTO bought them because FTO didn't have a good forage line and SNH had a really good one. In '95 Fiat bought FTO and the right to use the New Holland name and Ford allowed them to use the Ford name for 5 years while gradually changing the name to NH.

We used to run strictly Ford tractors, since '95 I've added a Deere and wish I'd gone green sooner. Not that the Fords weren't good dependable tractors, just really like this Deere. Still have 4 Fords, but they're all pre 95. I've heard some horror stories about the dependability of the blue tractors built since 95 and wouldn't consider one.
I switched from Green to Blue about 5 yrs ago and doubt I will go back green
I haven't had any problems with my NH's
my main issue with the Deere was electrical problems and I had a couple that you couldn't keep from overheating when using them moderately plus our local dealer wasn't much help
Unless NH start giving me problems I will stick with them
All of them were built from 99 to 2008
One thing I will give Deere they have the best powershift transmission out there

I have, in age order:
Farmall CUB 1951
MF 130 1967
MF 165 1966 ?
MF 275 1977
Ford 4000 1974?
MF 1135 1975
JD 6615 2004

The CUB is still working in our gardens (my dad and myself). It has cultivated probably 800 acres of tobacco in it's life.
If you are good, it is almost like using a gooseneck hoe.
The 130 is an oddball. Built to be a cheaper 135, the 130 was built in France and has 3 languages (English French German)
The 165 is down with a bad head gasket. I'll likely scrap her. Very good, crude, tractor. I probably have 4000 hrs of the 6500 that were on the clock when she died. Bears most of the responsibility for my hearing losses.
The 275 is still used frequently. The post driver is it's big mission. Raking hay. Whatever. Still a good useful tractor.
The Ford 4000 was my grandads last tractor. It has been misused with a loader, but as a hay raker/tedder and wagon puller it is a fine tractor. Pulls a 5' bushog very nicely. .
MF 1135 has run maybe 8 hrs since I bought the Deere. It's a standby, but it has bailed me out a couple times.
The Deere is comfortable for long hours, it has a "controllable" factor which the 70's tractors only dream about, and the dealer is good. It books for a pleasant 70% of my purchase price. It runs 95% of the tractor hours around here.

Latest posts