Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Agco (any brands owned by agco)

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters

BrownCow

Reaction score
Just trying to get an idea of what you guys run. I put Ford and New Holland together because New Holland took over Ford. I counted Case IH seperate from New Holland because in mind mind it is a different grade of tractor. But anyway,vote and tell us how you like your particular brand. And please keep it kind,this is NOT a "Brand Bashing" thread.

BC

BrownCow":taj6asko said:
Just trying to get an idea of what you guys run. I put Ford and New Holland together because New Holland took over Ford. I counted Case IH seperate from New Holland because in mind mind it is a different grade of tractor. But anyway,vote and tell us how you like your particular brand. And please keep it kind,this is NOT a "Brand Bashing" thread.

BC
would be in your mind only as all the newer Cases and NH are the SAME
example
Case MXU 125 is the same as a NH T6050
MXU 115 is the same as a NH T6030
and so on they might not be the same in smaller tractors but in this category they are

Run almost entirely Deere. Biggest reason is parts and service. Nobody else came close in the past but CNH is working there way up.

I chose Deere because it has the best dealer close to me. Any tractor is going to break or need perventive maintenance, and I don't want to have to make a 45 minute drive for an air filter.

I meant to mention earlier that the dealers is 80% of how satisfied you are with any brand of tractor
they all have their problems and they all break what makes the difference is how quickly you can get parts or repairs from your dealer and how they treat you as a customer

Kubota, I don't think much of the local dealer but the tractor is a tough one. If I were going to replace with another tractor I would consider another Kubota, one size larger and with four wheel drive. I would also look at the others.

my kubota is a worker..very rarel problems and it had done more than i thought it capable....priced right too..im lookin to buy a bgger one soon as i sell my 2010 w/loader and backhoe att...im trading up the cash from it and my current machine

Same with us. We want a brand that the local dealer sells. Hubby can also talk to the tractor mechanic as they are both mechanics and speak the same language. If the tractor mechanic doesn't like a tractor because of it being hard to fix etc, hubby doesn't want it.

So we bought a Valtra.

What, no Belarus? I see alot of them in my country. I run John Deere, easy to get parts and they seem to hold their value well. Thirty year old tractors will sell for more than they were new alot of times.

weve run fords for years.an even ran a deere for a few years.but if i was buying another tractor.it would be a kubota because of the hydrastatic tranny.

Agco type tractors because they are cheaper to buy used then newer Deeres and other brands plus the dealer is real good even though the local Deere and New Hollands are good also. A friend of mine runs a local company that makes fluid and AC lines for a lot of Ag equpment manufacturers and trucks and has visited all their factories and deals with their engineers, he says hands down that Deere puts the most into testing and development.

We are running New Hollands mainly for the service even though they are 20 miles further than the nearest Deere dealer. Are there any other parts of the country where the Deere dealers are all merging? From here to south Ga. one company has 14 dealerships and there parts dept. stinks at the local store.

bigbull338":36f5r6pf said:
weve run fords for years.an even ran a deere for a few years.but if i was buying another tractor.it would be a kubota because of the hydrastatic tranny.
If that was the only tranny available I would buy ANYTHING else.

dun":20l6m42t said:
bigbull338":20l6m42t said:
Why ya say that Dun? You don't like hydros? :cboy:

Personally I don't like em much for a work tractor. I like them in the garden.

BC

BrownCow":29shc12f said:
dun":29shc12f said:
bigbull338":29shc12f said:
Why ya say that Dun? You don't like hydros? :cboy:

Personally I don't like em much for a work tractor. I like them in the garden.

BC
I really don;t like the Kubota hydro. After using one on Monday I remembered just how much I don;t like them. My clutch leg may get tired but at least it's consistant.

LaneFarms":30ebpmnt said:
We are running New Hollands mainly for the service even though they are 20 miles further than the nearest Deere dealer. Are there any other parts of the country where the Deere dealers are all merging? From here to south Ga. one company has 14 dealerships and there parts dept. stinks at the local store.

Deere seems to be doing that everywhere.I don't really like it and nobody seems to know whats going on at our local store,they just say O we have to call this other store.

Deere is doing the same thing in my area. I heard from a guy who worked for Deere that there is a lot of pressure from Deere to disn-enfranchise the smaller dealers that are not moving much material but rather Deere wants super dealerships that have alot of inventory. Seems like Agco is doing just the opposite.

Latest posts