Toy Shopping

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Went toy shopping this weekend. It's older than I am but it looks like fun.

loader2010May010.jpg

loader2010May004.jpg

One of the many reasons why you never buy a used farm truck.

They are fun! Until you start buying parts for them. Looks like a good find though. What weight and horsepower is it?
Bear

bear":s76oeuch said:
They are fun! Until you start buying parts for them. Looks like a good find though. What weight and horsepower is it?
Bear

Not really sure. From what I've read/been told, it's around 50hp and 16k. From the way the truck acted, it's every bit of 16k, had to drag it 4 hrs home.

cfpinz":31aleuv3 said:
bear":31aleuv3 said:
Bear

Not really sure. From what I've read/been told, it's around 50hp and 16k. From the way the truck acted, it's every bit of 16k, had to drag it 4 hrs home.
And you have the gall to complain about your wifes horse.

looks like a lot of fun to play with.i know a guy that bought a D6 OR 8 dozer after he sold his milk cows.all he does is look at it.an fire it up ever now an then to let it run.he has never used it an never will.

bigbull338":1lze5bt2 said:
looks like a lot of fun to play with.i know a guy that bought a D6 OR 8 dozer after he sold his milk cows.all he does is look at it.an fire it up ever now an then to let it run.he has never used it an never will.
A friend of mine and I worked a trade for a Ford Jubilee tractor I had restored and some springing heifers, PSP and some trestle ties. About 5 years later I was over at his place and saw the tractor sitting exactly where I had parked it when I unloaded. I said "RC I thought you said you needed that tractor" his reply was "No, I told you I wanted the tractor, There's a big difference between a needen and a wanten"

dun the old boy im talking bout needs to use the dozer.but he dont want to haul it accross the rode an use it.its parked by his sons house.

bigbull338":a6unqxqf said:

BB, a D6 or D8 is a pretty serious toy. I found a D6 and two D5's down in Beeville last year and couldn't afford any of them. They wanted $40K for the D6 with good under carriage, $35K each for the D5's that needed a lot of work. Way to rich for my blood but I'll have to admit one of them there toys is pretty high on my list too.

One of the many reasons why you never buy a used farm truck.

I had a couple trucks just like that w/out the hydra bed,best work or farm trucks I ever had

cfpinz":ndvwh1l2 said:
bear":ndvwh1l2 said:
Bear

I had a 555G John Deere to clear some lake property. It was already in good shape. I put some extra lights on it and rear hydraulics to pull an offset disk and operate a ripper. It sat for about a year so I sold it. I bought this farm a couple of years ago and would love to have it back. Been looking for a replacement. Some pretty good deals on construction equipment right now. Have fun!
Bear

Latest posts