toxic family members?

Help Support CattleToday:

Doesn't seem like a issue to me. They would never be around me again. I could care less if they are kin or not. If you won't hang around certain kind of people you aren't kin to why would you because you are kin to them? I never understood that.

jedstivers":qav4t5b1 said:
Doesn't seem like a issue to me. They would never be around me again. I could care less if they are kin or not. If you won't hang around certain kind of people you aren't kin to why would you because you are kin to them? I never understood that.

Because prior to a certain age you don't have a choice? Try to leave and the cops just pick you up and return you :lol: :lol:

regolith":qfmunkjj said:
jedstivers":qfmunkjj said:

Because prior to a certain age you don't have a choice? Try to leave and the cops just pick you up and return you :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: Isn't that the truth! Never worked for me either Regolith! :lol:

Being blood doesn't mean you are bound!! Keep your distance and your sanity. And especially keep that old woman at arm's length. I have no qualms about cutting ties with anyone who disrespects, uses or abuses me and my loved ones. Notice... I said LOVED ONES, not family! Some of my friends are more like family than some so-called family members. Don't ever let them walk on you GMN. :tiphat:

As others have suggested, keep your distance as much as possible.

I had some relatives come by last year, and my brother had the cows in the coral doing something with them. As soon as the kids got out of the car(probably 10 to 12 years old, they climbed the gate and ran in the coral. I could tell it spooked the cows a little, but luckily, no big deal. I don't think some people tell their kids anything.

" I don't think some people tell their kids anything."

The sad part is there are a lot of parents that don't even know they ought to tell their kids anything. They're ignorant to the idea of teaching their kids to be independent, self supporting, responsible adults, because they are not.

D2Cat":ip2j3itc said:
" I don't think some people tell their kids anything."

The sad part is there are a lot of parents that don't even know they ought to tell their kids anything. They're ignorant to the idea of teaching their kids to be independent, self supporting, responsible adults, because they are not.

That's an excellent point. You can't teach what you don't know.

Latest posts