Tough Day

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom":1q3kbhot said:
My husband and his family made the decision to take his father off the respirator. His dad died very peacefully within an hour. My husband has been second guessing his decision ever since.

I posted about his dad about 3 months ago. He was a very active person until he contracted west nile. He was paralyzed from the neck down from the virus. He fought hard from 3 months, but without the ability to cough he couldn't keep the lung infections at bay.

I know my husband made the correct decision. His dad would not want to live like that. Anyway, still a tough decision to make and live with.

My great uncle was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer. He was dying and was in alot of pain and suffering. We to took him off the respirator and he just went to sleep and died right there. It was a blessing he died peacefully instead of in alot of pain. My great aunt is happy she did it and has no regrets over it. Your husband shouldnt either as the quality of life for his dad would have never been the same.

My Dad made that decision about 21 years ago with my Mom, we all agreed it was the best choice, considering what the doctors said. Its not something though you can just forget about though, even to this day I have second thoughts, it gets easier with time, but its kind of always there, I don't dwell on it, but being it was at Christmas time, made it even more hard to do, and every Christmas I do think about not so much that, but memories of my Mom, makes it tough sometimes even now.

GMN

my prayers an thoughts are with your family.as meny have said been there done that.an its not easy.we had todo that with my grandmother when she was 90.an it wasnt easy but it had tobe done.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":s92h7ll1 said:
I hope to die in my sleep and quickly like my uncle did without a care in the world.
This only seems to happen to real mean people, I am not saying your uncle was as I never knew him. But it happened to my ex-father-in-law and he was one mean horrid man, and an old man who lived up the road to me when I was a small child, he was the meanest man I ever met and would not like to met one as mean as him again. I never saw a mean streak in my Dad unless he was near this man, and it took a lot to rial my Dad.

Latest posts