Too many flies?

Help Support CattleToday:

redangus":1dteu1as said:
Has anyone ever got their whole herd in the corral and sprayed fly control out of their spray rig? That is an easy fix for me.

If you do this every other week, it works. Otherwise, it doesn't do much good for the duration.

Has anyone tried the "fly killer flies" guess that they are little bugs that kill flys. Sounds like a good idea except I wonder how long do they live and what eats them.

We've been having unseasonaly high temps but the flys are still not bad yet..only about twenty to a cow, but they rotate throughout the herd so it's hard to get an accurate count...and o'l boss cow is always slinging dirt all over herself and anything within a five foot radius of her so she doesn't count. Don't appear to bother the calves yet.
Dmc

About the only thing that seems to work for me is I run the cows into the corrals every 5 or 6 days, feed them, and spray them. I change sprays every other time, so the flies don't get "immune".

Also feed the Rabon. It's hard to tell if it helps.. but everyone is right.. the flies are especially bad this year!