Flies!

Help Support CattleToday:

tncattle

Reaction score
Flies as bad as I can remember this year, it's been so wet, hot & humid for the last 5-6 weeks here. Be glad when cooler weather finally starts to set in.

tncattle":1fsaew87 said:
Flies as bad as I can remember this year, it's been so wet, hot & humid for the last 5-6 weeks here. Be glad when cooler weather finally starts to set in.

It has been a bear fight here as well compounded by a neighbor that I don't think treats with anything. If the electric fence just worked against flies

I stand at the gate when I rotate pastures and spray as the cows walk through. Ain't great but it keeps the fly population reasonable.

JW IN VA":wat11wqv said:
Been spraying every week or two.Not happy w/results.Early this week,I treated with pour-on Ultra Boss.No flys next day-still none.

Ultra Boss is the bomb. It works. Except for horse flies.

Right now, flies have lost the war. Horse flies are still mounting air raids. I set up static anti aircraft 90 mm guns. They fly in low avoiding the guns and hit the cows. I am considering flame throwers hoping to singe their wings.

Nothing seems to work for very long at all when we have heavy downpours at least once a day.

Caustic Burno":3bflq41v said:
I have tried it all Sabre with an IGR program is the best I have found.

I use IGR mineral. I used Sabre until this year. I used Ultra Boss. It seems to work better.

Margonme":1i3w28w6 said:
Caustic Burno":1i3w28w6 said:
I have tried it all Sabre with an IGR program is the best I have found.

I use IGR mineral. I used Sabre until this year. I used Ultra Boss. It seems to work better.

Used Boss seems they become immune to what ever you use if you don't switch from year to year.

Latest posts