damn flies

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbruh

Reaction score
Is there any fly repellents on the market that last longer than six hours? What about home remedies or ointments? Especially on my calves eyes. They really seem to congregate there.

I use a product called flyban i put 15ccs down there back about every 2 weeks works good for me and i also keep out a mineral with IGR for the horn flies ive had less flies this yr than ever i think.

kerley":35ow9eqg said:
hillbillycwo":35ow9eqg said:
Started feeding Mix 30 two months ago and haven't seen a fly on a cow or calf in the last six weeks
What is "Mix 30"
Liquid feed supplement, been discussed on here a bunch. If you search for it you'll get more information then you may want

I coudln't figure it out when we fed it. The flies didn;t bother the cows much but the tank was always covered in the darn things.

hillbillycwo":il08fp9l said:
Dun, I haven't noticed flies on the tank or the cow dung. We feed ours in open tanks seems to work good.
That's what we fed it in too. Worse then the flys was fishing out the dead possums and birds.

SSGenetics":337yafu1 said:
chippie":337yafu1 said:
jerry27150":337yafu1 said:
ivomec!!!!

I think that you are thinking of Eprinex Pour on. It is good stuff. We can use it on our milk cows.

http://eprinexkillsit.com/

Thats Ivomec....

Nope, it is not the same thing as Ivomec Pour On. They are two different products. Eprinex is eprinomectin, not ivermectin. It is great at keeping cattle flies off of cattle. We use it because it is labeled for dairy cattle.

I'm no expert by any stretch, but my brother and I used three things this year: fly mineral, back rubber, and an occasional spraying. that has kept the flies under control for us.

Latest posts