Tomorrow is the day.

Help Support CattleToday:

We got to visit Nikki yesterday to bring her food as she wouldn't eat for them.

She is doing really well and are hoping to bring her home soon. Thank you again so much for the very kind words of support and all of the continued prayers . :heart:

Very encouraging, and keep us posted.
CSM

Yes, it was wonderful to see her and snuggle her and plaster her with kisses . She is not impressed with me at all . Which I knew would happen as I am with her always, but hopefully she doesn't hold a grudge too long at me .

Nikki is still doing well, no seizures and they do not foresee any in the future . We get to bring her home tomorrow after we meet with her surgeon and get prepped on her post op care ! Not out of the woods yet as we need that wrap to be very slow in closing and gradual as to not cause the vessels in her liver to be distressed .

Thank you all for the continued prayers ! Nikki and I cherish your thoughtfulness ,caring and kindness immensely ♥

We have our little Nikkle home again.♥ She couldn't wait to break out of there ,don't know who was more relieved to be in the truck together and going home ,her or us .

She is resting in her kennel now trying to get some sleep, and she did eat a bit for me . Hopefully she will have an appetite as she settles in here more .

Now we just wait and pray that the shunt does not close to quickly to cause her liver vessels to be distressed and that her vessels actually expand as they had collapsed due to the lack of blood movement through them. I guess it is just wait and see and keep positive for her .

Thank you all for everything ,we greatly appreciate it more than words can say !

I know you are relieved. I'm glad to hear she is doing well. If we were closer we could get her and Danny together so they could talk about their health issues and console each other. :D

I have been out of pocket and missed this. I am happy that her surgery was successful. Prayers lifted for an uneventful recovery and so happy you have your little girl back home with you : )

Thank you so very much !!!!

Nikki has been doing amazing , she even gained a kilo in a week . So we are very hopeful that surgery was a success and her liver is responding really well to the gradual blood flow . We get her live bile acids taken at the end of the month (waiting is not my strong suit) so we will know exactly what is going on. She is active , goofy , eating really well, and just the same little gal we dropped off pre surgery except (we hope) all whole for once :D

I got the OK to do our walks again , no running yet , and then pretty soon she can work some cattle again which is good as weed need to sort and vaccinate soon. ;-)

Here is Nikki the other day on our 1 mile walk to the mail . I know she's saying darn it will you put that bloody phone away already, thought we we going to get the mail not take 50 million pictures of me.

644430_10200390156813222_1914518492_n_zps52737447.jpg

7551_10200390156253208_679062230_n_zps827f407f.jpg

479837_10200390155733195_1544240613_n_zps31ec78c1.jpg

Thank you so very much for all of your support .♥ Nikki means the world to E and myself and that you all understand how much she is a part of our lives , means the world to us . :tiphat:

Thanks ladies ! :tiphat:

It is 2 weeks today from when we picked her up after her hospital stay and Dr Connery said no work for 2 weeks . Well it was like Nikki woke up knowing that today is the day she gets to go back to work . She was full of gumption and could not wait to go out with me to do chores . We had a crap load of snow overnight and I have never seen her so excited about playing/running in it . :lol: It is like she knows she has been given a gift , and is celebrating every extra moment she has .

I should explain too why she is wearing a coat and muttluks in the pics so 3waycross doesn't think I am torturing her. :oops: She has no hair in her belly from all of the ultrasounds and surgery , it is growing back but slowly . So being that it is cold still, she needs to keep bundled up when she is out for a long period of time. She also needs to wear her booties as both ankles are shaved from where she had an IV in one and a seizure monitor on the other .

hillsdown":2natfq1j said:

It is 2 weeks today from when we picked her up after her hospital stay and Dr Connery said no work for 2 weeks . Well it was like Nikki woke up knowing that today is the day she gets to go back to work . She was full of gumption and could not wait to go out with me to do chores . We had a crap load of snow overnight and I have never seen her so excited about playing/running in it . :lol: It is like she knows she has been given a gift , and is celebrating every extra moment she has .

I should explain too why she is wearing a coat and muttluks in the pics so 3waycross doesn't think I am torturing her. :oops: She has no hair in her belly from all of the ultrasounds and surgery , it is growing back but slowly . So being that it is cold still, she needs to keep bundled up when she is out for a long period of time. She also needs to wear her booties as both ankles are shaved from where she had an IV in one and a seizure monitor on the other .

On no! I just thought she went to work for the RCMP and wasn't wearing her hat!

3waycross":31x6aq0s said:
hillsdown":31x6aq0s said:

On no! I just thought she went to work for the RCMP and wasn't wearing her hat!

Now that is funny ! :lol: :lol2: :clap:
I had to get her a new coat, the little porker doesn't really fit into her other ones very well anymore. :D

Latest posts