Tomorrow is the day.

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Thank you to all of my CT family for the prayers and positive thoughts !

We head out tomorrow at 4:30 am to CARE Centre for Nikki's extra hepatic congenital portosystemic shunt surgery. Just trying to stay positive and keep the energy around her strong and healthy ,but inside we are terrified . Will let everyone know how she is doing when we know. Thank you all so very much , we appreciate the continued prayers for Nikki :heart:

IMG_3703_zpsd8766d57.jpg

Keep your chin up. It's in Gods hands now and all you can do is pray for a good outcome, as will I!

Thank you !!!!! :heart:

Kept today pretty normal but also added a few extras for her that were really not needed. ;-) Nikki and I sorted a heifer out of the group, then put her back. We also moved the bulls to the handling system and back into their pen again. She was totally in her element ,what she was born to do ( well besides playing ball ) you could tell by the how high she held her head and had that goofy Nikki grin . She also had fun doing her usual everyday things like checking cows with me and then watching patiently while I vaccinate newborns and tag/tattoo the 2 day olds . I still think her favorite part of the day is the mile walk to get the mail each day and us stopping so she can say hello(torment) Marshmallow our llama . :lol:

I don't know what we did to be blessed to have her in our lives but it must have been something spectacular . :D

hillsdown":1plmoioc said:
Thank you !!!!! :heart:

Kept today pretty normal but also added a few extras for her that were really not needed. ;-) Nikki and I sorted a heifer out of the group, then put her back. We also moved the bulls to the handling system and back into their pen again. She was totally in her element ,what she was born to do ( well besides playing ball ) you could tell by the how high she held her head and had that goofy Nikki grin . She also had fun doing her usual everyday things like checking cows with me and then watching patiently while I vaccinate newborns and tag/tattoo the 2 day olds . I still think her favorite part of the day is the mile walk to get the mail each day and us stopping so she can say hello(torment) Marshmallow our llama . :lol:

I don't know what we did to be blessed to have her in our lives but it must have been something spectacular . :D
She's blessed to have y'all in her life. Hope the best for y'all.

It is likely going to be hard to get a good night's rest, but I certainly hope you do and you all start with a fresh morning. Best of luck. Keep us posted.

backhoeboogie":3siut30y said:
It is likely going to be hard to get a good night's rest, but I certainly hope you do and you all start with a fresh morning. Best of luck. Keep us posted.

X2

Just received a call from Nikki's surgeon Dr Connery . He said surgery went well and she is resting comfortably and breathing on her own . The shunt is 11mm wide and the portal vein is 4 mm larger than what we wanted to have to deal with . The next 24 and then 72 hours are critical ,she is on 24 hour seizure watch and also being monitored to make sure her liver is not over extended with new blood flow .

Thank you everyone for your continued prayers and positive thoughts for Nikki . Will update when we hear more .

Hope to get some more good news soon. I'm sure your nerves have been stretched to the breaking point, but it sounds like your furry little girl is in good hands.

Latest posts