Tom johnson HOT sale results

Help Support CattleToday:

f1tiger

Reaction score
High selling 3n1's 5 yr old Brammer cows with heifer calves bred back 2-3 months $4550
BXH 4-5 yr Bred back 2-4 $3000-3300
Pairs 1st calve
BXH $2800-3000
Brangus $2400-2900
Breds 7-8 months
BXH $2700-3000
Brangus $2000-3200
Brangus baldies $2100-2800
Opens
Brammer
1st 70 head $2600-2950
2nd 85 head $1900-2250
All heifers same age & quality from same 2 ranches
BXH $1700-2200
Brangus $1200-1500

I considered going, But k new it would be that way.
Those high selling brimmer 3 ways?
Sell the calf and you got 4000.00 6 years old short breds.
I don't get it. Someone please enlighten me

Wooeee. Hot time in the old town tonite

Actually, depending if I'm reading it right and what a guy is wanting, those long bred Brangus and Brangus Baldies may not be astronomical? If the ear will do what it is storied to do down there, and it appears it will, that's not too far out of line for the bottom half of those two classes of cattle?

callmefence, will those long eared heifers not bring more than $550 at #500?

talltimber":10emmgsk said:

Actually, depending if I'm reading it right and what a guy is wanting, those long bred Brangus and Brangus Baldies may not be astronomical? If the ear will do what it is storied to do down there, and it appears it will, that's not too far out of line for the bottom half of those two classes of cattle?

Unless you market them as replacements. I wouldn't count on it. I definitely rounded off the figure. If you hold me to the exact dollar. Well that's dirty pool. :D

But I tell you what I'll give you 500.00
Now you got 3500.00 6 years old shorts.
Feeling better.. :D

:lol2: No, I wouldn't do that, I was just curious as to how well they actually do. I've read some claims about how much the eared cattle bring but I assume it's probably like everywhere. If the money men want them, for whatever reason, all you need is two men to decide they got to have them.

We have some black cattle sell like that at some sales up here too. Mostly old money or retirees of a plant that used to take real good care of their people. Several retired millionaires I have heard, and it shows at some of the sales.

callmefence":3qd41lsb said:
talltimber":3qd41lsb said:

Unless you market them as replacements. I wouldn't count on it. I definitely rounded off the figure. If you hold me to the exact dollar. Well that's dirty pool. :D

But I tell you what I'll give you 500.00
Now you got 3500.00 6 years old shorts.
Feeling better.. :D
And realistically they are worth way less than half that, even the brangus.

Im setting on several head of some those Brangus.. Few Angus. Husband is about to rtir from a plant and thy did take care of him. I bought my starter Short breds in 14 when I shouldnt have. Reproduced for the past few years and just brought home a Hereford today. Had only gals the first season. Took my first uniform set of boys to auction this past week. They brought premium. Hard to see why some think they are worth "half that"... I am a female, rarely have male help. Give all my own injections, rarely feed any thing. Keep out a good mineral and I did well. Cant wait to see what the baldies are going to do since my girls will drop a calf quicker than some of you can expel your last meal. lol

Buyers of those big ticket cows probably don't care what they pay just like to look at good cows, I guess, but no financial sense at all in those figures...with top steer calves at the local auction barn selling in the $500 to $700 range...I saw some nice super baldie heifers today 4-6 mos. in calf to angus bull sell for just over $1300 in central Texas better buy maybe not quite as good but better money deal.

Have also wondered why people pay so much for those tiger stripes...pretty cows they are...but too big mature size for most farms and ranches, too many udder problems, and just plain and simple too wild for most places...brangus pretty close...I have seen better results with a hereford or angus cross cow carrying only 1/8 or 1/4 ear.

BrangusNuthin":3j19i3fy said:
Im setting on several head of some those Brangus.. Few Angus. Husband is about to rtir from a plant and thy did take care of him. I bought my starter Short breds in 14 when I shouldnt have. Reproduced for the past few years and just brought home a Hereford today. Had only gals the first season. Took my first uniform set of boys to auction this past week. They brought premium. Hard to see why some think they are worth "half that"... I am a female, rarely have male help. Give all my own injections, rarely feed any thing. Keep out a good mineral and I did well. Cant wait to see what the baldies are going to do since my girls will drop a calf quicker than some of you can expel your last meal. lol
Because if they're just commercial heifers all you have to do is go watch them sell any day. Rusty Faucent just gaveyou a pretty darn accurate market report.....Registered cattle at a special sell always bring much more but for commercial cattlemen there is no reason for anyone to buy them.

I thought you were referring to Brangus regardless of registry. I dont own anything registered but my herd bulls and was referring to Brangus in general.. I just know my Brangus calves sell at the top of the sals every time. I do nothing special...

Rusty, all my girls have white bags... I guess thats why my boys sell so well. Their daughters are about to show me what they can do. They have a little white on their bags but my initial cows have pretty much all white bags

Latest posts