To Heck With What They Said

Help Support CattleToday:

BK9954

Reaction score
I planted oats a month ago. My old timer neighbor and veterarian both said no more rain, heading for the big drought. Got so much rain I have my oats grown up 4 inches all over the place so far. All I did is broadcast them on top of the soil. Same as last year. Never can tell whats coming sometime. Maybe el nina is coming next summer. 8)

X3.... send some to N E Georgia too.
I drilled oats and fescue early October after about 2" but no more rain till 10 days ago, 1/2 inch.
Nothing coming up yet.

Yea, NE Georgia is hurting bad. I've never seen so much poor, pitiful looking hay being hauled and fed to cattle. One thing about it, all this hay that has been sitting in fields for over a year (or longer) will be moved out. As bad as it looks, I think I'd be scared to feed that stuff to my cows.

It'll rain again one of these days. We're at 7.9" for the year here at the farm. And 3.5" of that came from the tropical storm that bailed us out. Growing grass is the hard part of being in the cattle business.

Raining here like crazy. Creek is up to the brige. Been an extremely wet year in Central Texas

Wet as the dickens here. Dunno how much rain we've gotten since last Friday, but it's been slow and mostly steady. Most soaked in, with this morning's rain just showing some runoff to the pond, which is now full again.

Glad it happened when it did instead of late this week when the temps are going to be below freezing...

Sort of how ours has been. Raining off and on for several days now but probably hasn't added up to over an inch and a half, maybe two inches at most. No runoff but just good slow soaking rain.

Raining the last 3 days, soaked to the bone, creek all the way up to the top of the bridge. This place has been blessed this year.

Latest posts