To Build on Alan's Country Direction thread

Help Support CattleToday:

101":bsg7zeyn said:
ChrisB do you think I should be arrested if I had firearm with a CW permit and I needed to go to the store ? How much longer do you think it would have taken to find the guy if the home owner had'nt found him first, or maybe how sooner if the home owner had not been in a lockdown, he knows his yard better than anyone and could see something different. I am not against law enforcment, I am a first responder so I have worked with them when needed, but respect goes both ways. I live 40 miles from our Sheriff and other officals and it can take 3/4 of a hour if their coming hot so I need to protect my family till they get here, and I am prepared to just that. I never said that everyone should have been out in the streets looking for the guy, but they should have been watching over their own property in MOP. 101

I am not aware that citizens were arrested in Boston, please provide a link.

Maybe they would have made an arrest sooner. Or maybe not at all because it would have been easier to escape. Or maybe other civilians or law enforcement officers would have been killed or wounded. Or maybe... My point is, they did what they thought was best at the time. This wasn't part of some big conspiracy to start eroding our civil liberties.

ChrisB":2nmxbob4 said:
101":2nmxbob4 said:
ChrisB do you think I should be arrested if I had firearm with a CW permit and I needed to go to the store ? How much longer do you think it would have taken to find the guy if the home owner had'nt found him first, or maybe how sooner if the home owner had not been in a lockdown, he knows his yard better than anyone and could see something different. I am not against law enforcment, I am a first responder so I have worked with them when needed, but respect goes both ways. I live 40 miles from our Sheriff and other officals and it can take 3/4 of a hour if their coming hot so I need to protect my family till they get here, and I am prepared to just that. I never said that everyone should have been out in the streets looking for the guy, but they should have been watching over their own property in MOP. 101

Maybe they would have made an arrest sooner. Or maybe not at all because it would have been easier to escape. Or maybe other civilians or law enforcement officers would have been killed or wounded. Or maybe... My point is, they did what they thought was best at the time. This wasn't part of some big conspiracy to start eroding our civil liberties.
dam this was hard to get posted http://www.infowars.com/shocking-footag ... wat-teams/

ChrisB":1pdeu08c said:
101":1pdeu08c said:

Chris you and i have butted heads before and i want to start this with I am not critisizing you for your beliefs but you really need to start your responses with the words "I am a Liberal and this is how i feel" then folks will at least understand where you are coming from. I think it is fine that you want to believe that we are not seeing the Constitution and our Civil liberties eroded. I just need to respectfully state that i believe that you are wrong. You could be shown all the proof in the world and still CHOOSE to not believe it.

I really do not have an opinion as to whether or not the Boston Police were right or wrong. I do however believe that they and the police in other very liberal cities would love to have an unarmed citizenry that would never question anything they do, and i believe with all my heart that this is the agenda of the radical left in this country. But that's just me and what i believe and i state clearly that i am a conservative and very pro second ammendment.

Personally i am very tired of anyone telling me what i can and cannot do. As long as i have not been CONVICTED of a felony i believe that everyone needs to mind their own business and leave me and mine alone.

............and YES i have serious authority issues, and i hope i didn't just get this thread locked!

What has confused me for years is how any American reguardless of political affilation, does not want strict adherence of the constitution.
If we stick to the wisdom that was given us to guard and protect we would have a lot less problem's.

ALACOWMAN":us82ihc0 said:
dam this was hard to get posted http://www.infowars.com/shocking-footag ... wat-teams/
ALACOWMAN, thanks you made my point, I do have a lot respect for our local law enforcment and will do everything I can to give them my support, but I have no use for our new Homeland Security police force that the powers that be are putting together or already have put together. There seems like a lot of folks walking around with their eyes closed on whats being built up around then and just what the plans are for it's use. A lot of law enforcment in Boston has Homeland Security writen all over it.101

3waycross":1wajs0zv said:
............and YES i have serious authority issues, and i hope i didn't just get this thread locked!

I spilled my coffe! LOL

Why do you think I am the oldest non senior officer pilot in my military?

I have stood in front of many boards and received my punishment like a man due to my questioning of orders.

Nice to meet another

My best

Bez

3waycross":3nc1qmgx said:
Chris you and i have butted heads before and i want to start this with I am not critisizing you for your beliefs but you really need to start your responses with the words "I am a Liberal and this is how i feel" then folks will at least understand where you are coming from. I think it is fine that you want to believe that we are not seeing the Constitution and our Civil liberties eroded. I just need to respectfully state that i believe that you are wrong. You could be shown all the proof in the world and still CHOOSE to not believe it.

I really do not have an opinion as to whether or not the Boston Police were right or wrong. I do however believe that they and the police in other very liberal cities would love to have an unarmed citizenry that would never question anything they do, and i believe with all my heart that this is the agenda of the radical left in this country. But that's just me and what i believe and i state clearly that i am a conservative and very pro second ammendment.

Personally i am very tired of anyone telling me what i can and cannot do. As long as i have not been CONVICTED of a felony i believe that everyone needs to mind their own business and leave me and mine alone.

3Way, other than the part of you wanting me to claim I am a liberal, I agree with you. The thing is, I just won't totally believe what is reported by the right wing extremists any more than I will totally believe what is reported by the mainstream media. And I try hard not to jump to conclusions. A bunch of still photos is not proof to me. They may or may not be taken in Boston even. The police haven't denied going into homes, but I haven't seen that anyone was arrested. I know the media leans way left, but in looking at all the past stories about police abuse, etc. I really don't think the new media is being controlled by law enforcement. If there were stories of police oversteping their bounds and a dollar to profit, that would be front page.

Also I agree that there are many, many cities where the city leaders would love to eliminate firearms, they have come out and said as much. Not really a conspiracy when they tell you what they want to do.

I am a right wing conservative (but not a conspiracy theorist) , and I endorse this message. ;-)

A lot of the post on this thread express the way I feel but wouldn't be able to write. I will add that this wouldn't go over well in the rural areas at all, in the city's they just fallow along.
An example is here a few years ago a good friends wife had her car stolen with her five year old niece in the back seat. The guy didn't notice her at first, just wanted a car fast. Anyway in just a few minutes there wasn't a road out of town or the county that didn't have a farmer with a gun blocking it. When the guy saw the little girl he parked an ran off, she was fine.

snake67":3ab90eqp said:
3waycross":3ab90eqp said:

I spilled my coffe! LOL

Why do you think I am the oldest non senior officer pilot in my military?

I have stood in front of many boards and received my punishment like a man due to my questioning of orders.

Nice to meet another

My best

Bez
#3 here.
I don't have any respect for people that rationalize jumping through the hoop of "big brother's" PC agenda.
Nor do I respect anybody going along to get along to keep a job.
The magic words are "I Quit"! If you are told you can't do that, just say, "Watch me."
Been there, done that.

I guess maybe I have an authority issue.
I know I have an ethics issue.

ChrisB":x5x3vkin said:
3waycross":x5x3vkin said:

3Way, other than the part of you wanting me to claim I am a liberal, I agree with you. The thing is, I just won't totally believe what is reported by the right wing extremists any more than I will totally believe what is reported by the mainstream media. And I try hard not to jump to conclusions. A bunch of still photos is not proof to me. They may or may not be taken in Boston even. The police haven't denied going into homes, but I haven't seen that anyone was arrested. I know the media leans way left, but in looking at all the past stories about police abuse, etc. I really don't think the new media is being controlled by law enforcement. If there were stories of police oversteping their bounds and a dollar to profit, that would be front page.

Also I agree that there are many, many cities where the city leaders would love to eliminate firearms, they have come out and said as much. Not really a conspiracy when they tell you what they want to do.

I am a right wing conservative (but not a conspiracy theorist) , and I endorse this message. ;-)
It is a conspiracy anytime someone or a group act in collusion, especially behind closed doors, to circumvent long standing policy in order to achieve a publicly announced goal. IOW, they conspire with one another to find a way to achieve means to an end.

101":3aecczvj said:
ALACOWMAN":3aecczvj said:
ALACOWMAN, thanks you made my point, I do have a lot respect for our local law enforcment and will do everything I can to give them my support, but I have no use for our new Homeland Security police force that the powers that be are putting together or already have put together. There seems like a lot of folks walking around with their eyes closed on whats being built up around then and just what the plans are for it's use. A lot of law enforcment in Boston has Homeland Security writen all over it.101

Someone tell me something. What is the difference in what Boston was doing and what law enforcement at the explosion in West, Texas were doing as they ordered citizens out of their house as they themselves searched the house. Many are still being kept from homes that were hardly touched by the explosion. One friend said he can't get to his home yet CNN had a crew filming inside his home?? Now I realize the situation is totally different but the same constitutional rights are being abused.

TexasBred":2ou0fc9m said:
101":2ou0fc9m said:
ALACOWMAN":2ou0fc9m said:

Someone tell me something. What is the difference in what Boston was doing and what law enforcement at the explosion in West, Texas were doing as they ordered citizens out of their house as they themselves searched the house. Many are still being kept from homes that were hardly touched by the explosion. One friend said he can't get to his home yet CNN had a crew filming inside his home?? Now I realize the situation is totally different but the same constitutional rights are being abused.

NO difference except that nobody east of the Mississippi gives a flying shyt about West Texas unless they can sensationalize another gun related incident of some kind.

You should know by now that Boston is the center of the universe. Just ask the lame stream media! Of course they are all bummed out since they can't find a way to hang the bombing on the TeaParty.......and believe me they have already tried!

Texasbred, I have never been involved with anything close to that magnitude. I think we are being programed to think that anything that big, our own people are not capable of handling it without someone from the State or other Federal agency coming in and taking over, I do think most Fire Depts and local law enforcement know when to ask for help and that's the way it should be, I know fire depts in our area could make the call as to whether your house was safe to return too and do! Anytime you get the State or Fed involved all will go by their time. 101

ChrisB":csf8xm82 said:
101":csf8xm82 said:

You're absolutely right, Chris. It's NEVER a big conspiracy to erode our civil liberties. It's ALWAYS actions taken in the heat of the moment, without ANY regard at all to the Constitution and our Civil Liberties. It's the little small steps taken that ARE eroding our rights and defying the Constitution.
THAT IS PRECISELY THE PROBLEM!!

3way...I'm with you too, I have always had major issues with authority, especially when they're WRONG!

CB...Well said :tiphat:
You stated (quite eloquently, might I add) the exact same thoughts my husband and I were having as we read and watched the videos displaying the actions of the Boston authorities. We may not always have the best solutions to the difficult problems this nation faces, but we can certainly recognize when the wrong decisions and actions are taken.

ALACOWMAN":3qxg2a6g said:
the only time i have trouble with authority is, when a dam idiot is in charge :cowboy:
Guess you are having a lot of trouble now.

101":1g412wvn said:
Texasbred, I have never been involved with anything close to that magnitude. I think we are being programed to think that anything that big, our own people are not capable of handling it without someone from the State or other Federal agency coming in and taking over, I do think most Fire Depts and local law enforcement know when to ask for help and that's the way it should be, I know fire depts in our area could make the call as to whether your house was safe to return too and do! Anytime you get the State or Fed involved all will go by their time. 101

101 I'm talking local police, DPS officers, sheriffs deputies, constables, etc. forcing people from homes, placing baracades and threatening arrests if you try to go back to your property. Nothing to do with asking for help. That comes much latter when your insurance rep. arrives.

TexasBred":y6ddh7u7 said:
101":y6ddh7u7 said:
ALACOWMAN":y6ddh7u7 said:

I totally agree unless there is a chemical hazard remaining that they can not see or smell without special equipment.
There are some real nasty health hazard's that can be formed in an explosion of that magnitude. Or the buildings need to be inspected for structural damge.
Based on your assesment I would go home. I haven't seen any new's coverage since the explosion it became old new's over here the day after it happened. so I don't know how PO'd I should or should not be.

Latest posts