Tires

Help Support CattleToday:

Medic24

Reaction score
We have a 1993 Ford 450 Superduty, that just absolutely eats front tires......we have quit buying new ones for it, and now have several garages save used ones for us. We have changed out tie rods, and most of the front end parts, and keep getting it aligned as best they can....still eats em up! We have not been slack in the upkeep of this truck on this problem, but it has everyone stumped....including our Ford dealer who simple states........yup.... these models will do that..........

Any suggestions?

I might add, temptation is there to take advantage of Wally World. The garage manager will sell us tires with a long milage warranty and replace them free if we had to change them in less then 10,000 miles, which would always be the case, as long as we kept it aligned...........I just don't think i could do that knowing what I know. In my mind that would be just like stealing........?

We had the same kind of problems with our old twin I-beam front ends on Fords. Finally found an alighment shop that knew what they were doing and never had another problem.

dun

Medic24":2r7ed489 said:
We have a 1993 Ford 450 Superduty, that just absolutely eats front tires......we have quit buying new ones for it, and now have several garages save used ones for us. We have changed out tie rods, and most of the front end parts, and keep getting it aligned as best they can....still eats em up! We have not been slack in the upkeep of this truck on this problem, but it has everyone stumped....including our Ford dealer who simple states........yup.... these models will do that..........

Any suggestions?

I might add, temptation is there to take advantage of Wally World. The garage manager will sell us tires with a long milage warranty and replace them free if we had to change them in less then 10,000 miles, which would always be the case, as long as we kept it aligned...........I just don't think i could do that knowing what I know. In my mind that would be just like stealing........?

The warranty propbaby would not cover it anyway....with the tell-tale wear and tear from the front end. :cboy:

Yup.. those models will do that. Ours ate tires regularly. Like a previous poster, we traded it off.. except for a Dodge. Never had that problem again.

I think it's the design. We had ours aligned many times, and didn't make a bit of difference. They tend to "toe in".

In my experience, most of the newer models no longer had that problem. I think the I beam is still in the Super Dutys, but most folks that I know no longer had a problem.

Latest posts