tips to keep creep feeder from being upended?

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":1mfh1l9f said:
Sky that looks like the feeder and the heifer I was dealing with except the heifer was even larger. Eventually tore the feeder up getting out when she would see or hear me coming.

Yea its getting ridiculous. She hears me coming and luckily slowly walks out. I can say one thing she waits for the younger smaller calves to eat there fill and leave before she comes in there... I hope she starts spreading out soon so she cant get in there.

skyhightree1":ifjic4wk said:
TexasBred":ifjic4wk said:
Sky that looks like the feeder and the heifer I was dealing with except the heifer was even larger. Eventually tore the feeder up getting out when she would see or hear me coming.

Yea its getting ridiculous. She hears me coming and luckily slowly walks out. I can say one thing she waits for the younger smaller calves to eat there fill and leave before she comes in there... I hope she starts spreading out soon so she cant get in there.

Hate to tell you but I bet mine weighed a thousand pounds and could still squeeze in there and someway bend her heck around to get to the feed...then when she came out she would drag the feeder about 20 feet until it came off of her.

TexasBred":u8phnngn said:
Hate to tell you but I bet mine weighed a thousand pounds and could still squeeze in there and someway bend her heck around to get to the feed...then when she came out she would drag the feeder about 20 feet until it came off of her.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I guess I will have to move her where I don't have a feeder she is probably about 600lbs now.

Latest posts