Tipping

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Going to the big city( Ft Worth ) to attend the State Farm Bureau Convention it will be held at the Ft Worth Convention Center accomidations are at the Sheraton Hotel across the street. I inquired about parking they said it is valet parking and the cost is $13.00 a day. I have never had my car valet parked for I am just one class above the Beverly Hillbillies, so what do those valets do , take your car away from you and you can't get it back till they bring it back to you. then you got to tip them for bring your car back, seems sorta like blackmail to me, so for you people that have done this how much do you have to tip the valet to bring your car back to you. Just don't like losing control of my car and not knowing where it's going to for they said they have 34 parking facilites.

The last valet parking hotel I stayed at the tip was included in the bill , I think it was about 20 dollars each time they parked or brought the vehicle to us. This is Alberta though, so I am really not sure what it would be where you are staying.

When they took my credit card they only charged for the room , parking was not included, they did not even mention parking until I researched it on the computer later then I e-mailed them , then they said it was valet parking,

Why don't you call and ask what charges you could have? You don't have to say who you are. ;-)

When you check out you will get a bill for additional charges, it always works this way.

I'd like to see somebody try and valet park one of my trucks. One look inside and they'd pay me to park it myself!

cfpinz":3sh4yjpa said:
I'd like to see somebody try and valet park one of my trucks. One look inside and they'd pay me to park it myself!

:lol2:

You must take your wife's vehicle when you go any where "fancy" then... :p

hillsdown":367z6sj4 said:
cfpinz":367z6sj4 said:

:lol2:

You must take your wife's vehicle when you go any where "fancy" then... :p

You betcha! The inside of my "good" truck, a 96 F350, is supposed to be grey I think. After last week's trip to the vet for a hernia surgery, it's more like mud and blood with a hint of grey at the moment.

Note to ponder: Never go thru the drive-thru at Sonic wearing a t-shirt covered in blood - it freaks out the kids working the window.

i would think a decent tip for valet parking would be $2 or $3.an thats figuring a 15% or 20% tip.like they use at the eating joints.

Latest posts