Time to plant Central Tx graden

Help Support CattleToday:

TXBobcat

Reaction score
I planted my onions around the first part of January, and they should be ready to pull up pretty soon. Just wondering when everyone else is planting their spring garden in Central Texas?

I plan on putting in okra, squash, beans, and tomatoes. Was thinking about mid April to plant.

We set out tomatoes last week, potatoes and onions have been growing good, and we're 40 miles east of ya.

csutton

I planted taters, maters, summer squash, green beans, spinach, eggplant, okra and peppers last week. Everything's peeking up now. Now I have to keep the chickens out of the garden. Got the onions in earlier along with the taters, but H planted them too shallow and we had a freeze nip them. Had to replant the taters. Onions are fine.

Asparagus, okra, corn, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, watermelon, cantaloupe, potatoes, carrots, spinach, lettuce, strawberries. I know I'm leaving something out but you get the idea.

Put my onion sets out 2 weeks ago and my taters will go in pretty quick. Soon as I can dig the holes without water running them.

Rest will wait till closer to memorial weekend. Ground is still pretty cold.

I have planted onions the past few years until me and my brother-in-law backhoe boogie dozed a road down to the waters edge at the river. I have thousands of wild onions growing on the river that I dont have to plant them anymore. The wild onion tase a little stronger than regular, but has a great flavor. Works exceptionally well for cooking.

Latest posts