New to me Mantis tiller........

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
Anybody have one of these and do you like it. Hopefully it will help in keeping a cleaner garden and cut down on using a crook neck hoe as much. These little tillers are not cheap. I was lucky to find this one used in good shape.

https://mantis.com/product/mantis-2-cyc ... ultivator/

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTfFQYpiCvE

1rm4Rqv.jpg

RT0wYGx.jpg

Won't help you at all, but I've always wanted one. You sicked it on anything yet?

I have had one for years and they are pretty handy when you can keep them running. I'm no mechanic and got tired of having to take it to one every year to get it back to running. We bought a small Honda and it beats the Mantis hands down. Mantis bounces like a golf ball when on hard ground but will eat up some dirt on soft. Oh, I would have sold you mine.

I had one....it worked ok on flowerbeds, where the soil was loose. One day, I went to try to till up some harder clay and after hopping around like it had a burr under it's saddle, something inside came from together. Sheared a pin or key or stripped a gear..dunno. Engine still ran, but nothing rotated.
I gave it to my son to fix and keep (pretty sure he tossed the little popcorn fart into the first dumpster he drove by.)

callmefence":2e4g37vg said:
I'm pretty sure that thing is made to work in loose soil between the rows .Not break hard soil.
It's a cultivator.
Here is my garden from this past year as it was coming up. It is about 2/10s of an acre. What I had in mind was going right next to the plants that need a little extra tillage after I tractor cultivate with the Mantis tiller (can carry it in the garden were needed) and try to cut down on the hoe work as you can't get real close with the tractor without damage to the plants. It may not be work any good and if so I have $50 tied up in the little tiller as it does run good and I noticed lots of parts on Ebay for these.

BQBhchj.jpg

I got one soon after they came out, maybe 20 years ago, still working and running good. It is a pretty good little machine, but like anything else it's still work to use it. I let go forward a bit and then pull it back to work up the ground. If it hits a rock it will jump and sometimes cut up a plant.

I have had 2, sold them both , they just won't work in our rocky ground . It's wheelstand city when you hit a rock!

Latest posts