tomato plant questions...

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
Can I (safely) use liquid sevin on plants that are already producing tomatoes?(have horn worms and can't keep them picked off)

Evidently, last weeks rain on top of regular watering has induced a lot of leaf curl. Anything I can do now to alleviate it?

I have used Daconil with good results before (put it on about every ten days. I have used Sevin liquid on tomatoes as I don't like to, but it didn't hurt them who knows about me.

Thanks for the PM GB and having my back.

daconil-plant-flower-disease-control-100523635-64_1000.jpg

I'm not sure if the tomato plants have the leafcurl virus thing, if a fungus is among us, or if it's just a case of too much watering but everyone around here is complaining of the curled leathery leaves and it just began after the rainy week and it turned hot and dry again.

I prefer to use permethrin but if you don't have any cabararyl will work fine. Just rinse the tomatoes off before eating them. You will get more carbaryl on you while spraying than you'll ever ingest from eating but it could kill some honeybees pollinating your tomatoes so spraying late in the day might be best.

You are correct, they have both male and female flowers on the same plant and can self pollinate but it doesn't hurt to have bees in your garden for other things. Sevin is deadly on honeybees and has a longer residual than some of the other options.

Latest posts