Time Goes Fast......Calving

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
My cows are overnighting on the ridge top. They are on the back near the creek during the day. The weather has been so nice, I like to walk the ridge top with the dogs in the evening. Last evening, I noticed the cattle are showing pregnancy. My first thought was- I just got them bred. Nope. They are heavy bred - only 3 months from partum. How can that be possible?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Well Ron, it will soon be June and you breed your cows to give birth in September so....

It got here too fast. The cows are going into the last trimester. The grass this year is going to make some big calves.

I am soooooo glad I did not use Broadway this year!

Bright Raven said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Well Ron, it will soon be June and you breed your cows to give birth in September so....

It got here too fast. The cows are going into the last trimester. The grass this year is going to make some big calves.

It actually is getting awful dry here.. Beginning to get a little concerned. Hay crop is really nice though.

Lazy M said:
Bright Raven said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

It actually is getting awful dry here.. Beginning to get a little concerned. Hay crop is really nice though.

It is getting dry. I still consider it a relief from constant rain.

Bright Raven said:
Lazy M said:
Bright Raven said:

And yet we're getting rain in Gallatin County.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Bright Raven said:
Lazy M said:

I watch that. Coming right up the Ohio River off those Missouri storms.

Bright Raven said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Bright Raven said:

I watch that. Coming right up the Ohio River off those Missouri storms.

Just got a really nice rain. Probably around 1/2 inch. Had some hay get wet but I was happy to get the rain

Latest posts