Tigerstripe

Help Support CattleToday:

IluvABbeef

Reaction score
Found this pic on NG:
Tigerstripe_cow.jpg

So is this a tigerstripe? Or is it just me? I'm curious, moreso b/c I've never seen a tigerstripe before.

Somebody please get her a picture of a "normal" Tigerstripe. That one is a bad example for sure. I feel sorry for that cow.

Someone give me some quick and easy directions on how to post a photo & I will go to my Ranch tommorow and take pictures of the ones I have and post them. That is a poor example. My Mongrols look a tad better, and if we're lucky might have one with a newborn calf.

Nice,
I'll add my mongrols to it later,when I get pics.
Sorry bout the stupid question on how to post pics see the directions at top of page. Duh Huh

ALACOWMAN":2v5fti2s said:
looks like it.but a awfull poor one wheres that one located africa?

All the caption read was the pic was taken inthe western US. :?

Those poor poor Mongrols. How can they live with themselves?
Now I know where I can send mine the land of tiggers, ole the shame of it. Maybe we should just beef them all. Gasp

I'm heading to the land of misfit cows with my trusty aid & side kick Sony.
Will no one else admit they have such mongrols? pics to come

To answer the question in the very first pic, that cow does not have enough ear, which is indicative or Brahman influence. No, she is not an F1 brindled cross, a.k.a "tiger".

Does anybody down in the south run a crossbreeding program with Braford and Brangus cattle. I think that would be a pretty good cross. I ranch about 500 miles north of the U'S border and the kids raise some buckers-there's a few Brangus and Tiger stripes in the bunch they are not bad cattle.

Northern Rancher":26dioycb said:
Does anybody down in the south run a crossbreeding program with Braford and Brangus cattle. I think that would be a pretty good cross.

If you have braford or brangus, it is best to cross them back to something that will shorten the ear a bit. All calves will be terminal and extremely milk fattened.

If you were breeding for herd cows, you might try that, but I doubt it would be as good as an F1. You would take a hit on the steers because they would have long ears, but the cows would be good.

Latest posts