TIGER STRIPE CATTLE

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I have to get my gloves on and get back in the ring. Nolan Ryan doesn't amount to a grain of sand in a clam's butt compared to CAB. Where is it stated that he owns all his Cattle that go to slaughter?? As far as Caustic goes I think you'll find all of us will stand up for anyone who knows what they are talking about. It's not a POSSE Situation. The Posse rides when someone is spouting wrong mis-informed information. ;-)

alacattleman":20ztec2j said:
my problem was their comment about MILK don't care who dont like um but bash for their weak points. do you think any cattleman around the gulf would mess with them if they didnt milk well. ill bet the best angus cow milking ability would be compromised most areas that they raise tigers.

Hey, someone finally willing to discuss my comments. Thank you for that instead of just insulting me.

The question was why don't people like Tiger Striped cattle. I said in my response that some people did like them. They're no more perfect than any other crossbred animal. They are the product of their sire and dam. If those animals have good milking abilities, the tigerstriped cow probably would, too. If not, they won't. I'd be happy to see some research on the milking ability of Tigerstriped cattle. Yes, I think some cattlemen around the Gulf would raise them if they never raised a calf. They've been raising them for years, daddy raised them, grandpa raised them, etc.

Crowderfarms":3jbnzayy said:
I guess I have to get my gloves on and get back in the ring. Nolan Ryan doesn't amount to a grain of sand in a clam's butt compared to CAB.

So a little cheating is ok, but big cheating is wrong. That certainly some something about your character, Crowder.

Where is it stated that he owns all his Cattle that go to slaughter??

Where does it say CAB is only Angus cattle?

As far as Caustic goes I think you'll find asll of us will stand up for anyone who knows what they are talking about. It's not a POSSE Situation. The Posse rides when someone is spouting wrong mis-informed information. ;-)

No, the posse rides when Caustic gets out front and stirs the pot. Then everyone jumps on whoever he's decided to pick on today. As I said, like a bunch of kids on the playground, ganging up on whoever the bully picks out today. This kid fights back.

Crowder quit wallowing with the pig, the pig likes it she is not going to quit insulting the cattlemen or the cattle of the Gulf Coast. Just have to consider its someone in Oklahoma telling people 100's of mile's away they are running the wrong cattle. She claims to take the high road and even insults your Dad and Granddad as stupid and not knowing cattle.

Again as Bez said I broke my promise I am Outta here.

Frankie":2e76f034 said:
You hope that I didn't notice that you ignore the fact Nolan Ryan branded beef isn't all owned by Nolan Ryan? I see now that Caustic says he's dropping out of the fight, his pals are, too.

Frankie, I would think that very few people are misled into thinking that Nolan Ryan personally owns every cow that's labled Nolan Ryan Tender Aged Beef. No more so than people believe that Bum Phillips, Earl Campbell, or Jimmy Dean own every pig that's used to make their bacon or sausage.

However, I would be willing to bet that if you walked through the grocery store, or restaurant where people are paying a premium for CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF, they would tell you that they think they are paying for a certified (ie. registered, ie. 100%) Angus product. That is the basis for the misrepresentation accusation.

Well i cant speak for your kin folk are any others but mine i had no trouble with milking or fertility. i could wean calves of heifers at a average of 600 pounds at a 205 day weaning weight. that was bred to simm bulls

Frankie":1sq0uzci said:
Crowderfarms":1sq0uzci said:
I guess I have to get my gloves on and get back in the ring. Nolan Ryan doesn't amount to a grain of sand in a clam's butt compared to CAB.

So a little cheating is ok, but big cheating is wrong. That certainly some something about your character, Crowder.

Where is it stated that he owns all his Cattle that go to slaughter??

Where does it say CAB is only Angus cattle?

As far as Caustic goes I think you'll find asll of us will stand up for anyone who knows what they are talking about. It's not a POSSE Situation. The Posse rides when someone is spouting wrong mis-informed information. ;-)

No, the posse rides when Caustic gets out front and stirs the pot. Then everyone jumps on whoever he's decided to pick on today. As I said, like a bunch of kids on the playground, ganging up on whoever the bully picks out today. This kid fights back.

ANY Product sold to the public should be honestly represented.And monitored. Nolan Ryan does NO cheating with his product. No Frankie a little cheating is just as bad as rolling over a Brinks truck.

CAB is a room full of smoke and mirrors. You think you're buying a product that has a "Pedigree" so to speak when in fact you're not.CAB might as well be the "Crime of the Century" as far as a Food product goes. I would not purchase any Beef labeled Angus Burger, CAB etc.Because it's thievery on my hard earned money.BTW, it's right hard to beat a good Hereford steak.

Caustic Burno":n6ze9vcm said:
Crowder quit wallowing with the pig, the pig likes it she is not going to quit insulting the cattlemen or the cattle of the Gulf Coast. Just have to consider its someone in Oklahoma telling people 100's of mile's away they are running the wrong cattle. She claims to take the high road and even insults your Dad and Granddad as stupid and not knowing cattle.

Calling off the posse, are you, Caustic? Sometimes those guys just go out on their own and don't mind you at all. But I'm sure you'll get them under control soon.

Except that I haven't told anyone they're running the wrong cattle. Dad and grandpa didn't have the information available to them to make decisions that producers have today. They didn't have the different marketing opportunities that we have today. Who knows, if they had the information then that's available to you today, they might have raised Angus? :D

Again as Bez said I broke my promise I am Outta here.

Right. We've heard that before. :roll:

Frankie":2pwo27xi said:
cherokeeruby":2pwo27xi said:
Texan":2pwo27xi said:
I might have missed something here, but I don't remember it being Frankie that steered this toward Angus and CAB. Where did I miss that part?

I am afraid it was my beloved Caustic who first uttered the word Angus. It was in response to an outright falsehood our dear Frankie posted about Brahman influenced cattle.

And exactly what falsehood was that? Yes, Caustic started this, not me. If Caustic, or you, think I'm misrepreseting the Brahman breed, get it out here and we'll talk about it. But, no, Caustic doesn't have the guts to challenge my post Like the bully he is, he insults me and my family.

The outright falsehood was that people don't like tigerstripes because of disposition, milk, and brahman influence. It is exactly the brahman influence that makes the tigerstripe cow what she is. Disposition is cited as a reason not to like them but it is their disposition that makes them such a good mother cow, very protective of their calves from varmits and strange people. Texas A&M has done numerous studies and their conclusion was that the F-1 tigerstripe cow is superior to both parent breeds in fertility, milking, longivity.

DPANTOJA wrote:
why do people don't like tiger stripe cattle?

"Some people like them. Reasons not to like them include disposition, milk, and Brahman influence."

The following statement by you is just off the wall attack.

"If brahman breeders thought they could hit the CAB market, they'd produce black ones. But the hump will keep most of them from being considered, so why should they bother?"

Please cite your source showing that brahman breeders would produce black calves if they could hit the CAB market. I have never seen a discussion of that in any publication devoted to Brahmans. And just so you know, Brahmans do naturally come in black, HK had a herd of what the called Black and White many years ago. Also solid black bulls have been imported in the past, they just never caught on.

Frankie, I know nothing of CAB, EPD's, MARC or all these other reports you speak of.

But I do know people, And I think one day you will make someone a good FIRST Wife. ;-)

bullred":28oqgzlr said:
Frankie":28oqgzlr said:
You hope that I didn't notice that you ignore the fact Nolan Ryan branded beef isn't all owned by Nolan Ryan? I see now that Caustic says he's dropping out of the fight, his pals are, too.

Frankie, I would think that very few people are misled into thinking that Nolan Ryan personally owns every cow that's labled Nolan Ryan Tender Aged Beef. No more so than people believe that Bum Phillips, Earl Campbell, or Jimmy Dean own every pig that's used to make their bacon or sausage.

So it's ok if only one or two or a dozen people are mislead? Where does it become wrong to misrepresent a product, 50, 500, 1,000 people?

However, I would be willing to bet that if you walked through the grocery store, or restaurant where people are paying a premium for CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF, they would tell you that they think they are paying for a certified (ie. registered, ie. 100%) Angus product. That is the basis for the misrepresentation accusation.

But it's not ok if lots of people are mislead? I'll put you on the list with Crowder as having a questionable character if you agree with that. It's either right or wrong to call something by name that some people don't consider accurate Nolan Ryan Tender Beef or CAB. They both have the name of an identified enity. Nolan Ryan beef doesn't claim to be all Nolan Ryan beef and CAB doesn't claim to be all Angus beef. You can spin and make excuses all you want, but if one's wrong, both are wrong and an honest person would admit it.

Crowderfarms":23qvr39a said:
ANY Product sold to the public should be honestly represented.And monitored. Nolan Ryan does NO cheating with his product. No Frankie a little cheating is just as bad as rolling over a Brinks truck.

Tell me why selling beef not produced by Nolan Ryan as Nolan Ryan beef is not cheating, yet selling beef that actually is part Angus (black), but not pure Angus, is cheating.

CAB is a room full of smoke and mirrors. You think you're buying a product that has a "Pedigree" so to speak when in fact you're not.CAB might as well be the "Crime of the Century" as far as a Food product goes. I would not purchase any Beef labeled Angus Burger, CAB etc.Because it's thievery on my hard earned money.BTW, it's right hard to beat a good Hereford steak.

CAB makes no claim of pedigree. You're making excuses for your inaccurate claims. CHB uses the same criteria to fill the Certified Hereford Beef program, except quality and yield grades. Is that OK with you? The cattle have to look like Herefords, not actually be Herefords, just like CAB.

So you'll spend your money on CHB, same criteria as CAB, but not CAB? You don't have a leg to stand on in this discussion.

What doe CAB mean anyways? I had always thought it was Certified Angus Beef? Now I am confused, how can it be Certified Angus? I thought Certified meant "mean to testify to the truth or genuineness of something" to Assure, Confirm?

Maybe it is one of those C & K sound alike spelling errors I make many times. CAB= Cinda Angus Beef? Kinda with a C I get it now! Like Kathy and Cathy ;-)

cherokeeruby":3lx61wga said:
The outright falsehood was that people don't like tigerstripes because of disposition, milk, and brahman influence. It is exactly the brahman influence that makes the tigerstripe cow what she is. Disposition is cited as a reason not to like them but it is their disposition that makes them such a good mother cow, very protective of their calves from varmits and strange people. Texas A&M has done numerous studies and their conclusion was that the F-1 tigerstripe cow is superior to both parent breeds in fertility, milking, longivity.

DPANTOJA wrote:

"Some people like them. Reasons not to like them include disposition, milk, and Brahman influence."

I know people that don't like tigerstripes for those reasons. Your honey Caustic is always telling people about the disposition of tigerstriped cattle. I offered an opinion. You don't like it, tough. BTW, we have coyotes here and our Angus cows are very protective. In fact, several years ago the ABS newsletter we get, "Breeders World", I think, talked about a large herd of a particular registered exotic breed in CO that was crossing his purebred herd with Angus because the cows weren't protective enough for their environment. I'm not beating up tigerstriped cattle. Caustic jumped on my case and I'm jumping back. If you take it personally, that's your problem, not mine. But the fact is not everyone likes them. I did say very clearly that some people do like them.

"If brahman breeders thought they could hit the CAB market, they'd produce black ones. But the hump will keep most of them from being considered, so why should they bother?"

Please cite your source showing that brahman breeders would produce black calves if they could hit the CAB market. I have never seen a discussion of that in any publication devoted to Brahmans. And just so you know, Brahmans do naturally come in black, HK had a herd of what the called Black and White many years ago. Also solid black bulls have been imported in the past, they just never caught on.

My source is my opinion. Do a search for black brahman and you'll find lots of crossbreeding going on. There are several brahman "type" breeds. Beefmasters have created a black line; they're a brahman breed. Brangus have always been black; they're a brahman breed. Because of the hump, a mostly Brahman calf is not likely to even be considered for CAB, so they'll probably be one of the last breeds to turn black, if ever. But don't leave your brahman cows in the pasture near an Angus bull or I'd bet, you'll get black calves.

BTW, haven't you noticed that Caustic has called the posse in? You don't want to make him mad at you by continuing this discussion without him. :D

aplusmnt":v0yl0i23 said:
What doe CAB mean anyways? I had always thought it was Certified Angus Beef? Now I am confused, how can it be Certified Angus? I thought Certified meant "mean to testify to the truth or genuineness of something" to Assure, Confirm?

Yes, CAB stands for Certified Angus Beef. It means beef certified (assure, confirmed) by the Angus Assn as GOOD. Lots of people probably believe that Nolan Ryan produces all that beef sold under his name, too. But he doesn't.

Maybe it is one of those C & K sound alike spelling errors I make many times. CAB= Cinda Angus Beef? Kinda with a C I get it now! Like Kathy and Cathy ;-)

See above.

Frankie":z8mc8txm said:
aplusmnt":z8mc8txm said:

Yes, CAB stands for Certified Angus Beef. It means beef certified (assure, confirmed) by the Angus Assn as GOOD. Lots of people probably believe that Nolan Ryan produces all that beef sold under his name, too. But he doesn't.

See above.

lmao!! I really knew very little about CAB before this post. But that is hilarious, so what you are saying is a Group of Angus people can come in and say a Hereford piece of steak is Angus Certified Beef just because they are an Angus group of people? It really has nothing to do with being Angus Beef? Just a group of Angus People saying it is good?

That is just hilarious! Kinda Embarrassing or should I say Cinda Embarrassing ;-)

Frankie":2n7hzwe0 said:
cherokeeruby":2n7hzwe0 said:

DPANTOJA wrote:

I know people that don't like tigerstripes for those reasons. Your honey Caustic is always telling people about the disposition of tigerstriped cattle. I offered an opinion. You don't like it, tough. BTW, we have coyotes here and our Angus cows are very protective. In fact, several years ago the ABS newsletter we get, "Breeders World", I think, talked about a large herd of a particular registered exotic breed in CO that was crossing his purebred herd with Angus because the cows weren't protective enough for their environment. I'm not beating up tigerstriped cattle. Caustic jumped on my case and I'm jumping back. If you take it personally, that's your problem, not mine. But the fact is not everyone likes them. I did say very clearly that some people do like them.

My source is my opinion. Do a search for black brahman and you'll find lots of crossbreeding going on. There are several brahman "type" breeds. Beefmasters have created a black line; they're a brahman breed. Brangus have always been black; they're a brahman breed. Because of the hump, a mostly Brahman calf is not likely to even be considered for CAB, so they'll probably be one of the last breeds to turn black, if ever. But don't leave your brahman cows in the pasture near an Angus bull or I'd bet, you'll get black calves.

BTW, haven't you noticed that Caustic has called the posse in? You don't want to make him mad at you by continuing this discussion without him. :D

You are confusing breeds, beefmaster is a breed, they breed true. Brangus is a breed, they breed true. American Brahman is also a breed. Just because somewhere back up the line Beefmaster and Brangus have pure blooded Brahman parentage does not make them Brahman.

Regarding the posse, many of us are members, we don't need to be called in. Caustic is not the leader of the posse, there is no designated leader. We just band together for a common cause when an unwarranted attack is mounted against anyone here. We will even ride to your defense under the right circumstances.

cherokeeruby":3ufnrh09 said:
You are confusing breeds, beefmaster is a breed, they breed true. Brangus is a breed, they breed true. American Brahman is also a breed. Just because somewhere back up the line Beefmaster and Brangus have pure blooded Brahman parentage does not make them Brahman.

Can Brahman be bred up?

We just band together for a common cause when an unwarranted attack is mounted against anyone here.

You're a disappointment to me, Ruby. You know who started this battle. You said it yourself. Caustic made an unwarranted attack on me, a rude remark about me. Yet you post trash like this on the board. Shame on you.

As far as the posse is concerned. Yeah, I'll back Caustic. Hes right most of the time. If I don't think he's right I'll call him a stubborn old coot and he'll call me something in return then we'll have a beer. He's just that way. Most of the others you are referring to as the posse are the same way. Raising cattle ain't no cub scout meeting. There are things you will have to contend with that don't go well over icecream. Differant areas of this country supports certain breeds of cattle differantly. If one breed of cattle was really better than any other. Why do we still have all these breeds after so many years of us raising cattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts