TIGER STRIPE CATTLE

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts as to why the 'Tigerstipe' (hybrid) is so much more popular than the Braford (composite breed)? Is it down to heterosis or are there other considerations?
While I have alwats had a soft spot for the Brahman, I (naturally) have to point out that the Tuli although a Bos Taurus breed, will thrive in any hot, humid environment that the Brahman does, try some semen and asses the results!

AndyBob to answer your question in my IMHO is that commercial cattlemen in the deep south know Tigers and F-1 Brangus work. The Braford cattle seem to be hit or miss.
As for Tuli's, most of the ones I have seen, bulls that is, needed a knife taken too em, cant speak for the cows. I think that is a problem that just about all breeds have when they first start here in the states. Also, few commercial cattlemen are going to AI in the south, a few might.

Frankie":rcoe1bqu said:
cherokeeruby":rcoe1bqu said:
Another mind exercise. Let's take 100 of Frankie's cows and 100 of mine. Throw them out in a national park in a hot humid part of the country. They will have to be kept separate since a Brahman bull will reluctantly breed an Angus cows.

Go back in 5 years and see how many of each breed there is.

You'd better keep them separate because an Angus bull will gladly breed any cow that will stand still for him. Another plus for my breed. :D

I am sure that is true, but the Brahman cow will not stand still for him unless he is the only bull for 100's of miles.

I have a genetisist friend that I talked to about brindle(ie tiger stripe) color and the notable difference I saw in temperment.

She was not at all surprised that I saw a difference-- it has a specific genetic compotent tied dirrectly to the brindle genes.
I Can't re-expain it - I'm not nearly an egghead enough to really follow what she was saying :)

Crowderfarms":3rjvt1sp said:
No you're still affliated. You qualify for CAB. Only need a 51 percent black hide. Some joke aint it?

No, you also need to be upper 2/3 Choice, YG 3 or better, minimal hump, no dairy influence, etc.

Some joke. CAB sold half a BILLION pounds of beef last year. That translates into a lot of $$ in the pocket of producers willing to produce high quality beef.

cherokeeruby":14uxix6u said:
Frankie":14uxix6u said:
cherokeeruby":14uxix6u said:
Another mind exercise. Let's take 100 of Frankie's cows and 100 of mine. Throw them out in a national park in a hot humid part of the country. They will have to be kept separate since a Brahman bull will reluctantly breed an Angus cows.

You'd better keep them separate because an Angus bull will gladly breed any cow that will stand still for him. Another plus for my breed. :D

I am sure that is true, but the Brahman cow will not stand still for him unless he is the only bull for 100's of miles.

Guess that tells us something about fertility, huh?

houstoncutter":qgq2lxzf said:
"there is no doubt we've made too many cattle too black too fast, now we are paying the price for it."

Thats not my words but Kendall Hopp, general manager of Hays Feeders, Hays Kansas.......Whoa........... hold the phone , that is a feeder of a pretty large outfit in KANSAS, not done south. The smart fella is referring to the yeild grade problems that they have now. Also as reported in the Angus Beef Bulletin, March issue, page 48, Gary Johnson, former Beef Improvement Federation president and past BIF commercial producerof the year. Stated, and I quote, " It takes four steers that make CAB to make up for one YG4"..............Last time I looked their wasnt enough CAB steers to come even close to picking up the slack. As for me and some of us other commercial producers, we dont shoot for CAB, rather a YG1 and choice.....that animal will make money in any market , anywhere

I don't doubt we've made cattle black too fast. But that's not Angus' fault. That's Simmental, Limousin, Maine breeders' fault. So why are you blaming it on Angus? There aren't very many YG 1, Choice steers around either. And there's plenty of data around that says the cow that produces a YG 1 steer will be less likely to rebreed than the one producing YG 2 or 3. YG 1 steers also tend to get sick more often in the feedlot and gain slower, according to Future Beef when they were trying to get a supply chain established.

aplusmnt":1otpwotg said:
Frankie":1otpwotg said:
According to some MARC data that I've seen,

Have you ever posted on a thread with out using the word MARC?

Another member of the posse, I see. :roll: Are you in love with Caustic, too?

Frankie":239kxm34 said:
Caustic Burno":239kxm34 said:
cherokeeruby":239kxm34 said:

Not many except the Brammers now Ruby don't get jealous sweetie but Frankie has the hots for me. She has one of them Jr High crushes, I will keep her fought of as long as I can.

You can take those animals and turn them loose. If you can catch them in five years, by all means see what's left. On the other hand, I will be selling mine every year for premiums, since I expect to make money in the cattle business.

Caustic, I doubt anyone has the "hots" for you. Well, maybe... Did you see Brokeback Mountain? Maybe all these guys following you around and hanging on your every word are the people who have the "hots" for you.

Now Frankie you know your sweet on me its ok. Don't worry about the Brokeback Mountain that saddle don't fit my hoss. Come on down and will get that possum out of your butt.
There has to be one up there eating what ever crawled up there and died.
XXX'sOOO's
Caustic.

Frankie":znmxyc78 said:
Crowderfarms":znmxyc78 said:
No you're still affliated. You qualify for CAB. Only need a 51 percent black hide. Some joke aint it?

No, you also need to be upper 2/3 Choice, YG 3 or better, minimal hump, no dairy influence, etc.

Some joke. CAB sold half a BILLION pounds of beef last year. That translates into a lot of $$ in the pocket of producers willing to produce high quality beef.
Whatever you say Frankie. It's a wonder some Consumer's group has not filed a Class Action Lawsuit.It's about like selling Regular Unleaded as Super Unleaded. IMHO.

YG 1 steers also tend to get sick more often in the feedlot and gain slower, according to Future Beef when they were trying to get a supply chain established.

This has to be an absolute lie.

I have a close personal friend who was the southeast buyer for Future Beef. We stayed up many nights at my house discussing FBO and the cattle they were procuring. No mention of this ever came about and he told me quite a few inside info situations.

I have another close contact with a feedyard in Kansas that loves the high yielding cattle for the exact opposite reasons you stated.
He was also a feeder for FBO and is a CAB feeder.

I also have a neighbor who was the President of FBO and have spent time discussing their procurement requirements with him also.

I don't mean to be a name dropper but I know that Future Beef Operations did not find this to be a fact. Might have been the personal opinion of one of your buyers who was an Angus fan.
Wouldn't put it past your kind to spread misinformation.

This is the wildest tale you have told yet. Are you joking? The only reason I can think of for you to justify your statement is the backfat being an insulator against extremely cold weather. And that's only a couple of months per year. But that wouldn't hold water because they are being fed free choice, twice to three times per day, a high energy feed that would deliver plenty of body heat plus give excellent growth.

I just went through the vet bills for the "Pasture to Rail" Feedyard program and all the data we received for 2004 on more than 500 calves. The data says you are wrong again.

Your condescending, arrogant tone is despicable. You sound like a "CERTIFIED ANGUS B!&CH".

You do know that it takes almost twice as much energy to put on a pound of fat than it does a pound of lean don't you?

Crowderfarms":1eoffckb said:
Frankie":1eoffckb said:
Crowderfarms":1eoffckb said:

Whatever you say Frankie. It's a wonder some Consumer's group has not filed a Class Action Lawsuit.It's about like selling Regular Unleaded as Super Unleaded. IMHO.

They can't file a suite because the meat meets the USDA approved standards. There's nothing in those standards that says the animal has to be Angus. Well, they can file a suite, but they'd lose.
Do you think that same consumer group should sue Nolan Ryan? Nolan doesn't own all the cattle sold under that name. How about CHB? Those aren't all Hereford, you know. How about that Maytag refigerator in your kitchen. It probably wasn't actually mfgd by Maytag. Should they be sued, too? Your Ford, Dodge, or Chevy truck has parts in it made by another company. Are you going to sue them? Or is it only Angus that you're holding to that standard?

Caustic Burno":1dx5ly8e said:
Frankie":1dx5ly8e said:
Caustic Burno":1dx5ly8e said:
cherokeeruby":1dx5ly8e said:

Not many except the Brammers now Ruby don't get jealous sweetie but Frankie has the hots for me. She has one of them Jr High crushes, I will keep her fought of as long as I can.

You can take those animals and turn them loose. If you can catch them in five years, by all means see what's left. On the other hand, I will be selling mine every year for premiums, since I expect to make money in the cattle business.

Caustic, I doubt anyone has the "hots" for you. Well, maybe... Did you see Brokeback Mountain? Maybe all these guys following you around and hanging on your every word are the people who have the "hots" for you.

Now Frankie you know your sweet on me its ok. Don't worry about the Brokeback Mountain that saddle don't fit my hoss. Come on down and will get that possum out of your butt.
XXX'sOOO's
Caustic.

Caustic, you're getting more and more disgusting. But we'll see how far you can go before you get kicked off this board. When someone stands up to your bullying, you resort to insults and rude comments.

The only butt anyone is getting to see on this board is yours. And it ain't a pretty sight.

Frankie":1fguhnjl said:
Crowderfarms":1fguhnjl said:
Frankie":1fguhnjl said:
Crowderfarms":1fguhnjl said:

They can't file a suite because the meat meets the USDA approved standards. There's nothing in those standards that says the animal has to be Angus. Well, they can file a suite, but they'd lose.
Do you think that same consumer group should sue Nolan Ryan? Nolan doesn't own all the cattle sold under that name. How about CHB? Those aren't all Hereford, you know. How about that Maytag refigerator in your kitchen. It probably wasn't actually mfgd by Maytag. Should they be sued, too? Your Ford, Dodge, or Chevy truck has parts in it made by another company. Are you going to sue them? Or is it only Angus that you're holding to that standard?
When you buy a Product with a 'Brand' label on it, you've bought that product for a reason. You trust it, and know what to expect from it.

My point, on the case of CAB products is that the consumer, in his mind see the picture of the old Aberdeen Angus. Black as a Coal train.When in fact, this consumer cuts that bite of steak thinking the entire time this is Black Angus beef! When in fact it truly is not what he/she thinks they have purchased.

Yes, the American Angus Association has done a splendid, remarkable job of promoting both the Cattle and the end product, but I see it as the Consumer being duped into buying a falsely represented product. I dont care what the USDA says.You pay extra money for a product that is worth no more than any other Beef out there. It's a marketing ploy.Oh, one more thing, a lawsuit can be filed. It's a wonder it has not happened yet.Guess the right folks haven't put it under the microscope yet.

Frankie":1zuqt2dh said:
Caustic Burno":1zuqt2dh said:
Frankie":1zuqt2dh said:
Caustic Burno":1zuqt2dh said:
cherokeeruby":1zuqt2dh said:

XXX'sOOO's
Caustic.

Caustic, you're getting more and more disgusting. But we'll see how far you can go before you get kicked off this board. When someone stands up to your bullying, you resort to insults and rude comments.

The only butt anyone is getting to see on this board is yours. And it ain't a pretty sight.

No Babe if I remember you brought up Brokeback mountain with sexual conatations first, just trying to keep up with your train of thought.
love and kisses .

MikeC":2tgt4htk said:
YG 1 steers also tend to get sick more often in the feedlot and gain slower, according to Future Beef when they were trying to get a supply chain established.

This has to be an absolute lie.

I have a close personal friend who was the southeast buyer for Future Beef. We stayed up many nights at my house discussing FBO and the cattle they were procuring. No mention of this ever came about and he told me quite a few inside info situations.

I have another close contact with a feedyard in Kansas that loves the high yielding cattle for the exact opposite reasons you stated.
He was also a feeder for FBO and is a CAB feeder.

I also have a neighbor who was the President of FBO and have spent time discussing their procurement requirements with him also.

I don't mean to be a name dropper but I know that Future Beef Operations did not find this to be a fact. Might have been the personal opinion of one of your buyers who was an Angus fan.
Wouldn't put it past your kind to spread misinformation.

This is the wildest tale you have told yet. Are you joking? The only reason I can think of for you to justify your statement is the backfat being an insulator against extremely cold weather. And that's only a couple of months per year. But that wouldn't hold water because they are being fed free choice, twice to three times per day, a high energy feed that would deliver plenty of body heat plus give excellent growth.

I just went through the vet bills for the "Pasture to Rail" Feedyard program and all the data we received for 2004 on more than 500 calves. The data says you are wrong again.

Your condescending, arrogant tone is despicable. You sound like a "CERTIFIED ANGUS B!&CH".

You do know that it takes almost twice as much energy to put on a pound of fat than it does a pound of lean don't you?

Mike now Frankie Fiction is nicer than liar please refrain from that languge around my new sweetie.

For what it's worth can't we all just appreciate the attributes that each breed brings to the table? Imagine how boring our business would be with one breed.

D.R. Cattle":2ldwrnqy said:
For what it's worth can't we all just appreciate the attributes that each breed brings to the table? Imagine how boring our business would be with one breed.

This site would have zero posts daily.

Crowder

Funny how Tigers - or Brindles - depending on where you come from - turned - yet again into an Angus thread -with frankie in the middle of the fray. I wonder if she does this intentionally - or because she loves the ruckuss?

So Mr. Crowder - You know darned well that frankie is right.

I do have to admit I find it tiresome but there really is no withstanding her onslaught once she gets wound up.
'
You know there is no other breed worth discussing. frankie is the goddess of Angus cattle for a reason - perhaps because she is so relentless in her pursuit of excellence - remember though it is her version of excellence - yours does not matter.

At the expense of simple conversational listening - she does at times tend to sound a bit condescending - but I believe it is simply because she prays to the Angus Gods every evening in order to find yet another reason to preach so fervently.

And if you are not sure which breed produces excellence - just ask her and she will tell you for there is no other breed that can even begin to pale in comparisom.

If you are not sure which breed produces the finest beef - I am sure she will have some of the worlds finest documentation available to inform you.

I am sure she will be happy to tell you about the fertility of her chosen breed, because it will exceed any on the open market today. Certainly tenderness and return on investment and any other aspect you might be interested in cannot be equalled unless it is at least 50% black - but of course CAB does not necessarily mean Angus - even though it is strongly implied.

Certified XXXXX Beef? Any guess what the XXXXX stands for?

But being black it must be better anyways!

All I would do is ask that you do not get as rabid as frankie after you convert to the dark side - promise to let someone else have the last word at least once and perhaps be willing admit there actually might really be another animal that works.

You know darned well she will dissect every word you write in order to make her argument. I would ask you make an effort to not do this.

I also will ask you to closely hear this - give her the last word, accept her legal like dissection of your every word because she can no longer help herself and when you do convert to the dark side - remember there are still a few good folks out there - even if they do not belive the Angus cow is the only cow.

My absolute last post on this thread - promise - so have at frankie.

I wish this thread was locked.

Bez!

Scotty":31t8j7w9 said:
D.R. Cattle":31t8j7w9 said:

This site would have zero posts daily.

Nah. I'm sure we could always find something to argue about. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts