TIGER STRIPE CATTLE

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i had a choice just one breed of moma cow for my herd it would be the brahman/ hereford F1. she's a cow that you can put about any bull on and raise a great calf there real good match with terminal sires[ now this is for my area im talking bout ;-)

Caustic Burno":v6vh8aen said:
I love the tigers, just not a breed for beginners,or for old men.

Damage Report from (Tigerstripe) Spring Vaccination Roundup:

One fractured pinky finger (mine) - caught between headgate handle and nearby post.

One destroyed corral gate

10 foot section of torn down barbwire fencing.

Squeeze chute knocked off the scale load bars and had to be repositioned three times.

Two "cowboys" put over the corral fence by upset mommas.

Otherwise no major deaths or injuries, and we should be good until the fall weaning.

bullred":19hxze2j said:
Caustic Burno":19hxze2j said:
I love the tigers, just not a breed for beginners,or for old men.

Damage Report from (Tigerstripe) Spring Vaccination Roundup:

One fractured pinky finger (mine) - caught between headgate handle and nearby post.

One destroyed corral gate

10 foot section of torn down barbwire fencing.

Squeeze chute knocked off the scale load bars and had to be repositioned three times.

Two "cowboys" put over the corral fence by upset mommas.

Otherwise no major deaths or injuries, and we should be good until the fall weaning.

I am rolling good report. I think on some of the rodeos I have been to with these gals when I read some of the post on here from the beginners.
I think the girls were just anxious to get on the scales and show off.
Bull you might be able to post on the beginners board I can't pet my cows and see if you can get some advice.

DPANTOJA":2g81fg3f said:
why do people don't like tiger stripe cattle?

Some people like them. Reasons not to like them include disposition, milk, and Brahman influence.

Frankie":1nbycj4u said:
DPANTOJA":1nbycj4u said:

Some people like them. Reasons not to like them include disposition, milk, and Brahman influence.
were do you get the milk part is because they produce too much? because that is one of there strong suits.he!! if it wasnt i wouldnt be singing their praise i understand the disposition on some aint great but not all are fools either.when i was raising them i could have sold them the minute i weaned them for replacements

I started with one a few years back she is a daughter of Painted Tiger(Beefmaster) (now I have several tiger stripped) her disposition is unlike any of my others, she throws really great calves and they also get their mothers disposition and attitude. She is going to like out the rest of her live happy and fat in South Texas. She's dark red and you can only see her stripes when the sun is out other than that she looks like a typical (if there is one) red Beefy. Love that gal!

DO PEOPLE AGREE THAT THEY HAVE A BAD DISPOSITION AND IF SO IS IT BECAUSE THEY ARE MORE AGRESIVE?

DPANTOJA":1uwgdcav said:
DO PEOPLE AGREE THAT THEY HAVE A BAD DISPOSITION AND IF SO IS IT BECAUSE THEY ARE MORE AGRESIVE?

I don't feel that they have a "bad disposition". They are just different. They are very protective mothers, seem to me to be more "alert" than other types perhaps even a bit more sensitive to stimuli.

But, that's just my opinion.

Katherine

Maybe thoses that raise um can can give you a better idea of their temperment. its the hybrid vigor that makes um seem squirrely .but with out it they wouldnt be what they are. but they are as sharp as a tack

Frankie":2twdtgns said:
DPANTOJA":2twdtgns said:

I might have got this wrong but I thought the people that liked them liked them for the Brahman and Milk, only downside was disposition?

We just put dogs on them when they get wild hairs. That makes them see the world a little differently. I've seen them as gentle as puppy dogs with backyard farmers who hand raise them too. A man can make money with them, and they're tough as nails but they can be very protective. Seems to me thay have a lot more predator evasion instinct. Had plenty of snot blown on my back pockets by them. But I still like them. They bring a calf to the pens every year no matter what you throw at them. Heat, humidity, hurricanes, drought, pests... all last years news to a tigerstripe.

It's my understanding that they make great range cows because they are so protective and do a better job of fending off predators than some other breeds or crosses might.

I like them... as far as calving, raising a calf, keeping a good BCM, but otherwise I would as soon go and get a rootcanal as to have to work them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts