Thoughts on Mortality

Help Support CattleToday:

Never seen a Hurst with a luggage rack, millionaire can be barried next to a homeless person, both came into the world, what they left with, enjoy it while you can.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sim.-ang.king said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I would watch my back TT, Aaron is a pretty mean looking dude with a mugshot. He may decide he wants that truck sooner rather than later.

I bet he's a real cup cake when ya get to know him. You go first.

That's okay, I like the truck I drive currently. You can deal with Aaron.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
sim.-ang.king said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:

I would watch my back TT, Aaron is a pretty mean looking dude with a mugshot. He may decide he wants that truck sooner rather than later.

Aaron is frugal. To save money, he probably went to the local police station to get that mugshot for family pictures.

He is so frugal he thought they charge extra for a smile.

Bright Raven said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
sim.-ang.king said:

Aaron is frugal. To save money, he probably went to the local police station to get that mugshot for family pictures.

He is so frugal he thought they charge extra for a smile.

:lol:

Bright Raven said:
After I die, I am just going to be dead for an awful long time
As an educated man of science, have you considered the 1st law of thermodynamics...
Within a closed system (ie our universe) energy can neither be created nor destroyed.
(only transferred)

IF our life force is energy... then to where, how and in what form does our energy transfer?
(I know, I know... a deep question for shallow minds.)

Son of Butch said:
Bright Raven said:
After I die, I am just going to be dead for an awful long time
As an educated man of science, have you considered the 1st law of thermodynamics...
Within a closed system (ie our universe) energy can neither be created nor destroyed.
(only transferred)

IF our life force is energy... then to where, how and in what form does our energy transfer?
(I know, I know... a deep question for shallow minds.)

I have thought about that. Yes, sir.

As the organic material decays, the gram calories released will heat up the atmosphere and cause global warming. So dying is a good way to get back at your enemies. :cboy:

Hook2.0 said:
Someone once said its a fine line between genius and insanity. Then again, I dont think theres anyone here that meets the genius criteria. If they do, they sure dont go on and on

Three years ago I sat with 7 MENSA members all day long at work. 5 have recently retired. Their jokes are never funny. Big Bang Theory does not interest me any since I was living that chit every day.

Ashes to ashes. Dust to dust.

That is why I never dust the furniture. It might be someone I knew.

Just do the best you can today. Nobody is promised tomorrow. At least not here on earth.

backhoeboogie said:
Hook2.0 said:
Someone once said its a fine line between genius and insanity. Then again, I dont think theres anyone here that meets the genius criteria. If they do, they sure dont go on and on

Three years ago I sat with 7 MENSA members all day long at work. 5 have recently retired. Their jokes are never funny. Big Bang Theory does not interest me any since I was living that chit every day.

Apparently you couldn't absorb any of their genius by osmosis. :lol2: :lol:

Hook2.0 said:
hurleyjd said:
Need to find a stable genius to explain all of this to us.

Stable being the key word. Someone once said its a fine line between genius and insanity. Then again, I dont think theres anyone here that meets the genius criteria. If they do, they sure dont go on and on

The only people I've ever known that bragged about their IQ were far from the brightest people I've met. Always seems like the smart ones don't feel any need to draw attention to themselves.

Silver said:
Hook2.0 said:
hurleyjd said:

Stable being the key word. Someone once said its a fine line between genius and insanity. Then again, I dont think theres anyone here that meets the genius criteria. If they do, they sure dont go on and on

The only people I've ever known that bragged about their IQ were far from the brightest people I've met. Always seems like the smart ones don't feel any need to draw attention to themselves.

Beware of the person that brags about being the smartest. Also beware of the person who has to tell you how honest they are. Or anyone that has to tell you how religious they are. Actions always mean more than words.

Silver said:
Hook2.0 said:
hurleyjd said:

Aren't near as many to draw attention to themselves. The lower IQ are breeding like rats. Over the last century the population on average has lost 20 points to almost 90.
This subject just happened to be on a news program the other day giving the excuses for the decline, mainly blaming technology and lifestyles. At that rate of decline we will be in class with Forrest Gump in another century.

shaz said:
don't out live your 401K. Just sayin
17 years ago I changed all of the 401's to a Roth IRA. A lot of my investment income comes from this Roth. I also changed any thing that was part of the 401 managed by the company to Ira's. I am 78 and half way to 79. I have had some paternal aunts and uncles that lived past 100. Most did not make more than 95.

Caustic Burno said:
Silver said:
Hook2.0 said:

Aren't near as many to draw attention to themselves. The lower IQ are breeding like rats. Over the last century the population on average has lost 20 points to almost 90.
This subject just happened to be on a news program the other day giving the excuses for the decline, mainly blaming technology and lifestyles. At that rate of decline we will be in class with Forrest Gump in another century.

I've been wondering about that. I'll bet the academic standard is also lower. Doesn't really help when you rely on Google for everything.

TexasBred said:
backhoeboogie said:
Hook2.0 said:

Apparently you couldn't absorb any of their genius by osmosis. :lol2: :lol:

I'm sure you'd fit right in with a couple of them TB.