Thoughts on GE stock

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan

Reaction score
You all seem to have some experience with the stock market around here; what are your thoughts on GE? Do yo think it will make return to a solid company at some point, or is it headed for the toilet?

As usual, the experts disagree. Some feel it's an awful situation while others thing they are bound to come back.

I bought a few shares a couple of years ago at around d $29; today they are around $16. Even if they don't perform a miracle, what do you think the odds are of at least getting back to $29 anytime soon?

slim and none.
Not this year. Maybe not next and if the restructure process doesn't show good results, longer than that.

Unless they become innovative, they will be on the same scrap pile as Kodak.

One area I should start investing is in funeral companies. The profit-making potential is killer. ;-) Was reading one investment article about them a couple days ago - 90% of the cost of cremation is pure profit, for example.

I wonder if they'll have to go bankrupt to get out from under some their problems. Wouldn't touch the stock right now.

Aaron":kr6fyx5o said:

One area I should start investing is in funeral companies. The profit-making potential is killer. ;-) Was reading one investment article about them a couple days ago - 90% of the cost of cremation is pure profit, for example.
Chinchillas and emu...that's where the real $$$ is.......

IMHO, odds that GE gets back to $29 are about 1%. More likely, the company will be split into a number of separate companies. So, take your choice. Ride it out and see what you end up with or sell and take the loss.

Aaron":3h1bm1bs said:

That's good!!

A man visited a small village. The village was over run with monkeys wild monkeys every where. He offered $10 for every monkey someone could bring him. Only the young and poor captured monkeys. He raised his price to $100 sooneverybody was catching monkeys. All the monkeys were finally caged. He left his employee there to tend the monkeys. He said he would return in one month. Upon his return, he would gladly pay $1000 for more mo keys. Soon people pooled their money, and bribed the care taker, to sell them monkeys for $700. He sold all the monkeys. The wealthy man never returned, and his employee was never seen again. The stock market is pure monkey business. You decide how many ch you know about monkeys.

herofan":2fidessj said:
You all seem to have some experience with the stock market around here; what are your thoughts on GE? Do yo think it will make return to a solid company at some point, or is it headed for the toilet?

As usual, the experts disagree. Some feel it's an awful situation while others thing they are bound to come back.

I bought a few shares a couple of years ago at around d $29; today they are around $16. Even if they don't perform a miracle, what do you think the odds are of at least getting back to $29 anytime soon?

Never invest more than your willing to loose. Just remember everything is at risk of going away forever.
Investing in one company is much higher risk than a mutual fund.
I gambled on Ford when it got down to 3 bucks a share and bailed at 8.

GE right now is like a cow that won't take. Sell it and reinvest in something that will grow your money back. The market has many good buys right now. You should never get an emotional attachment to an investment.

Sell the call and collect the premium. But, you will need at least 100 shares as one contract is 100 shares.
If stock goes up and you get out at better price and if it goes lower you collect the premium upfront and your cost per share is lower.
Just gotta be prepared to get the stock called away.

Latest posts